Units on the North Shore/Northern Beaches

Hi all,
I'm thinking of purchasing a unit to live in somewhere on the North Shore/Northern Beaches. I'd love to hear your thoughts. My criteria is:

- $400k - 500k
- Large 1bd / 2bd
- Close to train station
- Away from main road, city centre, industrial areas

There are a number of new developments in Pymble, Dee Why, St. Leonards. Are these good investment locations?

Is it better to look at new or old units?

- Close to train station
Won't get that on the Northern Beaches, and not on the Lower North Shore east of the Pacific Hwy either. If you need a train station, then Greenwich, St Leonards, Wolstonecraft are your best bet. I think they've all been flagged by so-called experts as representing good investment options over the medium term.

Having said that, Dee Why is moving ahead at the moment too with the new bus interchange and all the new highrise apartment blocks going in. It and Brookvale are the CBD of the Northern Beaches so will benefit from any infrastructure spend for the area.

I've got a few IPs on the beaches but a bit further North at North Narrabeen and Mona Vale. I like the area, but for units would stay on the train line around the suburbs I mentioned above.

Of course, that's all just my personal ill-informed ramblings.

Cheers,
Michael

check out warringah councils masterplan for dee why on their website.. it has been given approval by the state gov

for 400-500k in dee why you can can get a get a good size older apartment very close to the beach and cafe strip... there are also a couple of new developments nearly at completion which are closer to dee whys cbd/ transport if your after something new

Back