Unmarked Police motorbikes (Perth)

Why is it distracting? You should always be aware for flashing lights and sirens.

Other than that, follow the road rules

no it's the constant checking of the speedo, the fixed cameras, making sure you don't go 1km over the limit (because we know what a public menace that would create on such a narrow windy road like the graham farmer or the mitchell) - I spend a great deal of my attention scanning the road side for mobile cameras and speed traps. Or preparing to slam the brakes on as a stream of traffic is disrupted by a revenue raiser on the side of road

Not the first time apparently

Police Stealth Bikes

In just three days, officers on those motorbikes issued more than 120 infringements for drivers using mobile phones or not wearing seatbelts and issued another 34 infringements for other traffic offences.

A fleet of unmarked motorcycles leased from a variety of motorbike companies was used during trials last Christmas period and at Easter this year.

Count yourself lucky you saw one, police officers out and about are a rare beast nowadays

Count yourself lucky you saw one, police officers out and about are a rare beast nowadays

depends... couldn't drive down the road at dunsborough during leavers without being RBTd at least once. massive nanny state over reaction to a few kids getting around, sending all the locals nuts. no wonder the kids go to bali and get high on whatever and end up in jail or raped or worse

no it's the constant checking of the speedo, the fixed cameras, making sure you don't go 1km over the limit (because we know what a public menace that would create on such a narrow windy road like the graham farmer or the mitchell) - I spend a great deal of my attention scanning the road side for mobile cameras and speed traps. Or preparing to slam the brakes on as a stream of traffic is disrupted by a revenue raiser on the side of road

I don't get it. Just obey the laws and be aware of traffic in front (following at a safe distance helps) and it shouldn't be an issue. No need to be looking for mobile cameras or speed traps at all.

depends... couldn't drive down the road at dunsborough during leavers without being RBTd at least once. massive nanny state over reaction to a few kids getting around, sending all the locals nuts. no wonder the kids go to bali and get high on whatever and end up in jail or raped or worse

it must be a real inconvenience for you to have to stop for 30-60 seconds, hopefully this didn't wreck your Christmas.

it must be a real inconvenience for you to have to stop for 30-60 seconds, hopefully this didn't wreck your Christmas.

actually it was... every time I went out?

one local was pinged last year by 2 cops. she saw them at the stop sign so she stopped, went to go and they pulled her over. she said she saw them so obviously tried to everything right and made sure she stopped, they said yes we agree you stopped, but not for long enough... seriously?

I don't get it. Just obey the laws and be aware of traffic in front (following at a safe distance helps) and it shouldn't be an issue. No need to be looking for mobile cameras or speed traps at all.

Perth drivers are so bad that really it's like dodgem cars. I hope you aren't one of these people in the right lane doing 20 under tutting as people under take them??

"we should all do 20km in built up hours... if it just saves 1 life it will all be worth it. research shows...."

Such a great outlook on life mate!

Do you ever smile and just get on with it?

Slamming brakes, scanning for cameras and speed traps.

Yep, you're a Perth driver.

Unmarked bikes are quite common around here..... especially on the freeways.
The only thing I noticed these days is that the officer still needs to done hi-viz gear, and they're big road trail looking things so kind of gives it away.

They had an awesome array of unmarked vehicles several years ago here - ranging from mean looking utes complete with mags (guess to tempt some idiots to challenge them in a traffic light drag?) to a covert Honda CBR Fireblade. Too bad they've disappeared (maybe they got too many complaints or something :D)

The Y-man

Unmarked bikes are quite common around here..... especially on the freeways.
The only thing I noticed these days is that the officer still needs to done hi-viz gear, and they're big road trail looking things so kind of gives it away.

They had an awesome array of unmarked vehicles several years ago here - ranging from mean looking utes complete with mags (guess to tempt some idiots to challenge them in a traffic light drag?) to a covert Honda CBR Fireblade. Too bad they've disappeared (maybe they got too many complaints or something :D)

The Y-man

Quite a few bike variants in Perth. Mostly VFR800's, not so many road trails. Still noticable to a fellow bike rider.

To morons on their phones, not so much, which is great as these idiots surely must be competing with drink drivers these days as to who can kill more people.

Are you taking the ****?

Some of your moaning is of a pretty impressive level, congrats

Back