Unusual property no. 3 - Ham Radio Enthusiats

In a week of some fairly unique properties being listed I have one of my own to offer.

I am loosely related to a wonderful fellow who died at 100.5 years old and left behind, among other things, one of the premier sites for ham radio in Australia.

The house sits on approximately 1350 sqm high on Mt Melville in Albany WA with sweeping views out to sea. Approximately 1 km for city centre. I don't know a lot of details but it is two separate blocks already.

Now what makes it interesting is that it comes with its own 60 foot telecommunications tower that has been in the back yard for at least 30 years. I am told many world records and Australian records have been set with this tower. I imagine it would be impossible to build anything like this in an urban area in Australia ever again.

Those who know Albany will know the property I am referring to as it is pretty hard to miss.

Any suggestions as to how best to tap into the ham radio community to offer this up? Are there other types of enthusiast that would like a 60 foot communications tower in their backyard?

Any suggestions as to how best to tap into the ham radio community to offer this up?

Send an obituary to all the magazines that cater to that market. Also post the obit (with a link to the sale) in relevant blogs and forums.

Weekly WIA broadcast, goes out across Australia on HF, VHF, UHF, CB. Put it in as an obit one week, wait a fortnight and then put in a small 'potted history' of the place and mention its for sale.

Amateur radio operators love their history, if you mention all the awards its received etc then you might get some interest.

But as a generalisation, the average Ham is older, and probably more settled.

Also areas that are now heavily populated become less desirable due to RF noise that comes with modern living.

http://www.wia.org.au

Murphy
(Yes, I'm an Amateur Radio operator)

Back