Unusual Question!!

Has anyone heard of a "Papertry Transfer"?

If you have, what is it? Why would you use it? and if you could possibly include an example.

Many Thanx

John_P

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Well, if dictionary.com and google.com have not heard of Papertry, then I'm guessing it doesn't exist - or it is a very closely held secret.

My money is on it being a typo.

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 1.1

I think your fingers must have slipped on the keyboard!
Do you mean property transfer???
Michael Yardney
Metropole Properties

Reply: 1.2

No mistake, why I typed in is exactly what I am looking for.

John_P

Reply: 2

Well, I've done lots of internet searches and came up with nothing, which surprises me. Is it possible that the original source for this question had a typo in it, even if you then copied it correctly??
Keep smiling
Felicity :cool:

Reply: 2.1

Well the spelling could be slightly different, but if anyone had heard of this before they would be familiar with the term rather than necessarily focusing on the exact spelling. Thanks for trying though guys...

John P

Reply: 3

A papertry transfer is the description of a property transfer from a blind trust to an anstalt and the subsequent securitisation of the beneficial interest in the anstalt.

:)

Reply: 3.1

I found a description of "anstalt" here - they are used in Liechtenstein ! ...

http://www.offshore-manual.com/taxhavens/Liechtenstein.html

"For a country of just 28,000 people, pint sized Liechtenstein boasts more nonresident business entities than population. It is said there are between 30,000 and 60,000 trusts (called Anstalts), although the exact number appears to be a well-kept state secret. In Vaduz the lawyers outnumber the bankers. Moreover, with some 330 firms specializing in consulting, management and insurance, employing over 1,600 people, you don't have to look long for advice."

and

http://www.offshore-manual.com/cp10ab.html#Anstalt

"Anstalt: Establishment, a legal entity without shares established in Liechtenstein, with some features of a trust but with corporate personality. Do not have shares."

... and also "blind trust"

http://www.investorwords.com/cgi-bin/getword.cgi?497&blind

"A trust in which the beneficiaries do not have knowledge of the trust's specific assets, and in which a fiduciary third party has complete management discretion."

Still can't find anything that mentions "papertry"... except a badly written advert for paper and stationary which used the term "papetry" ;-)

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 3.1.1.1

Sim you have way too much time on your hands....

Cheers
Watto
Melb Freestyler

Reply: 3.1.1.1.1

Heck, it only took about 10 mins to search Google, read the info on the pages, post it here, and learn something in the process.

The internet is a wonderful thing !

sim.gif

Last edited:
Back