Upper Mt Gravatt - sell or hold?

Is anyone familiar with the Upper Mt Gravatt pocket that is now zoned for 8 storey unit developments? It takes in Mascar, Tryon and Khandalla Sts. Houses are selling to developers at $625k for a 592m2 block. Would these blocks be a good investment now to sell in a few years when development blocks are more in demand? If you had one in there would you sell now or hold for a while? Thanks :)

Good luck...
There's some "lucky" people currently selling off 400k properties that just turned into 900k-1.1m overnight :)

Best wishes to them... Would love to be at their end one day in the future

Unless I buy an Almenac :)

There are a few pretty viscous setbacks as part of the neighborhood plan which can cause some issues in some areas in upper mt gravatt. I am working on a few development sites with some developers and the going rate is as you have indicated above, in the circa $1000 per square meters in the MR (5 Story) sections near the mcdonalds on Logan road.

The key would be in those smaller block areas with 8 storey zoning would be to purchase a few next to each other, as an 600 meter block is pretty restricted with what you can do. Unfortunately this is something that you would now have to pay a premium for, as there are multiple developers who are looking to get into the area to do projects. If you own a property in the area and the one next door comes up, then it would be an excellent idea to try and pick up it, providing you aren't paying over the odds for it. I would assume that an agent should approach you in those areas if they are listing the one next door for sale, to see if you wanted to sell at the same time, as it would result in a premium sale price for you both (neighbor and yourself).

Thanks. Yes, we have been approached and have a neighbour happy to sell also. We just weren't planning to sell quite yet so we are undecided as to whether or not we should hold on to it for another few years or get out before we are the ones next door to the 8 storey units! Decisions, Decisions :confused:

Back