Urban Cowboy's wife's inspiring journey

Hi, UC,
As other posters have said, we are all a part of the Somersoft family. Whilst most of us have never met, we all feel what you, and your wife, and your family are going through.
Stay positive, keep up that sense of humour, and you'll all come through this.
My best wishes, and my prayers, are with you all.
Amy

Your wife sounds like a real fighter and has you and three beautiful children as incentive to get the best results from rehab.

Don't under estimate the difference that can make.

Best wishes to you all.

I particularly wanted to share this with you because Grant's courage, and leadership of his family (which includes 3 children under 10), has been an example of which anybody would be proud.
urban cowboy said:
with four parasites...I mean kids
Oops, sorry Grant. :eek: You know, I initially wrote 4, but wanted to be sure I was correct, then went to facebook and saw your profile pic and it only has 3 kids, so I thought I must have made a mistake and you only had 3. Obviously that photo was either before Freyah was born, or one of the kids was elsewhere. Four kids - you're even more of a legend than I thought!
Just to embarrass her - Tracey has been a wonderful support, with many kind words and assistance during our darkest hours - she is a beautiful soul and I really appreciate her! Love ya Trace!!;)
I'm touched and yes, embarrassed, because I'm not sure that I'm worthy of such praise, but thank you, my friend. I feel inspired to try and live up to your high estimation! :)

Somersoft is indeed an amazing community. :cool:

UC - I do not now you, nor you me, but no less wanted echo others comments.

From your post here it is obvious you are a strong person, which is exactly what your dear wife will need to help her recover as best she can and help her accept and adapt to the challenges she, and you as a family, are going to face ahead.

You are an inspiration and I only wish there were more people with the strength and conviction that you obviously have - it would certainly make for a better world.

All the best to you and your family, and Emma and I sincerely hope that you and your family continue to get the best out of life.

Take care and good luck.

Tony.

All the best to you and your family UC, and wish your wife has a speedy rehab. Stay strong and positive for each other and the little kids, which I am sure you will.

Thank you for being so inspiring with your positive attitude and good spirits!

Sending healthy vibes and prayers your way.

UC I am so sorry to read this, but so pleased your wife has pulled through.

It will no doubt be a tough road ahead for you all, but I hope it helps knowing that so many people care - even from those of us that don't know you.

All the best,
Caroline

PS. My baby is a Freya too. Named from the Norse Goddess of Love and Beauty - may love continue to surround you all.

Hello Grant (remember speaking to you many moons ago) - sending up a prayer and good wishes as I type this to wish Nicole a speedy recovery and to you and your family, courage, patience and love for the days ahead.

Hey Grant, All the best to you, your wife and your kids. Nicole is lucky to have someone strong and caring like you in her life.

Andrew

UC

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this hard time. Having been through a bad time whilst a member of Somersoft, I know how much the support of the Somersoft Family means. I kept all my messages, and still feel really appreciative when I read them 4 and a half years later.

Good luck to you, Nicole and the children, there are a lot of positive vibes coming your way, lets hope they help.

Regards

Chris

That which does not kill me makes me stronger

Hi Grant,

I only just saw this thread, having been away offline for a couple of days.

Whilst we haven't met in person, I am appreciative of some advice re SEQ property you provided to me recently. I am saddened to hear of such events happening to anyone (let alone one in their prime and with a young family) however having shared some messages to and fro, I have gained a sense of rapport and caring in your manner from the tone of those exchanges. News such this bites even more.....albeit on a cyber-community. The caring is still there. :)

I sincerely wish you strength and health for yourself. You now carry some extra responsibility and need to remain in good health for your kids and your wife Nicole.

At times, each and every one of us can sometimes get so bogged down with our own restrictions or frustrations that cause us misery. :eek: It is in light of health issues as sudden and unpredictible as these where we all should spend some time being truly grateful for all that we have and are right now.

I sincerely wish your wife a hasty and optimal recovery and whilst not wishing to trivialise her situation, things could be worse. Sometimes it helps me to reframe any of my own short comings by looking at others worse off, not disrespectfully, however in the light of doing the best one can with what they've got to work with at that point. ;)

I think it was Friedrich Nietzsche who said:

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger"

Sometimes misfortune and non-intended episodes serve to augment the gratitude that we should have every single day merely for waking and having another 24 hours to be all that we can.

Be strong and I hope all pans out un-eventfully from hereon.

Tracey, thanks for bringing this up in your usual caring manner. You are a special person whose friendship I respect. Grant I look forward to meeting you one day somewhere.

Be well.

Hi Grant,

T'is a sad thing to read of your misfortune and I wish you and yours all that is required to overcome the hurdles of the future.

It crystalises the fact that so many of us are indeed fortunate to have lived and continue to live very happy and healthy lives.

It also gave me pause to consider and to be very thankfull for our continued good fortune.

God bless.

Cheers.

Chrisv.

Grant,

I hope you and your wife together with your children get to enjoy many more new year and christmas eves.

I wish you strength and patience and pray for the speedy recovery of your wife.

Harris

Back