Urban Myths

W

WebBoard

I have doing a lot of research into the phenomena of urban myths lately. It seems the belief that property is a good investment is one of the most widely held myths, along with the 'HIV causes AIDS' myth. I thought both of those were demolished long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

I'm not sure what your point is. Why be provocative without engaging in useful debate?

Gail

Reply: 1.1

Eric , I heard the same ,but right behind the Stock Market
Happy Investing,
Rixter :)

Reply: 1.1.1

Why this debate?

I comment only because it is no secret that I personally have a huge love relationship with the stock market.

However, why refer to property growth as a myth?

Should I be citing a squilian examples of huge equity growth that has been achieved by myself and my clients in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth . . . ?

Property represents fantastic and safe opportunity for optimal use of leverage.

Shares provide a brilliant opportunity to acquire maximum percentage return on investment.

Cash is neither fantastic or brilliant when it comes to return on investment, but remains a vital component of holding assets in property and shares.

ALL THREE ARE NECESSARY if you wish to achieve a balanced and optimized result.

Diversify, or forever hold your peace!

Regards,

Steve

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Eric,
Good to see you back and eliciting responses! Love it! Good for a laugh! Thanks mate!

Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Eric,

What the.....

The beauty of this forum is that you can find pearls in the least expected places (thanks Steve).

Tibor

He who trust himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe. Proverbs

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

It's sad to see so many people here who have bought into the property investment myth. Perhaps in time I can set you all straight.

"Females and finances don't mix"

Eric

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Eric

If you are going to "set us straight" you will need to contribute more than the mindless non supported dribble that has been your contribution to this forum so far.

Up to now I've restrained from replying to your posts , however I've been using that restraint from replying to someone else's equally inane comments.

If you're going to say something worth while, fine, otherwise go back into the hole you came out of.

see change

it's better to be guided by your dreams than your fears

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

I hope you are not battling again SC!

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

It beats me why we are even having this debate.

Does it really matter if someones chosen path to wealth is shares, property, business, a job, trees, emus whatever?

Investing is a personal thing and different strokes for different blokes.

I could show you winners and losers for each investment class - like a friend who bought a share at $2.68 and now still holds them at 3c or another who bought a property off one of the marketeers. But we all have also seen winners in these investment classes all around us.

Now, does it really matter how someone achieves their goals and dreams?

Rick
Brisbane Freestyler Co-Ordinator

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Isn't there a 'delete' button some where that can white out Eric entries ... before they get to our eyes?
Guy

Back