Urgent feedback needed: ALGESTER ???

We have just done an inspection at algester and were VERY IMPRESSED with the area

Does anyone have any positives or negatives re the area & capital growth?

Kind regards

Send me the link to property and I'll take a look. I rented for 6 months at Isdell Street a few years back and a couple of friends live there. Good family orientated, friendly area.
Brisbane

Last edited:
Positives: family orientated suburb, decent standard of housing and surrounded by some more expensive suburbs to the north and east.
Negatives: public transport links not the best, not near a train line
That's all I have

I lived in Parkinson for a time.

The downside for me was driving to and from the city, always a pain (but this is Brisbane, or Melbourne, or Sydney).

Check out the bus services, I thought they were pretty good from Algester Road to the city.

Since they opened up the other end of Algester Road, its far more appealing with quick access to the Ipswich Motorway to Ipswich, Gold Coast, or onto the Gateway to the airport/sunshine coast.

Multiple supermarkets, no major shopping centres but Browns Plains not too far away, or alternatively Calamvale, Sunnybank not too far away.

I'm not sure I will know the street, but should know the area - I would be happy to look at the link for you as well.

I lived in Parkinson for a time.

The downside for me was driving to and from the city, always a pain (but this is Brisbane, or Melbourne, or Sydney).

Check out the bus services, I thought they were pretty good from Algester Road to the city.

Since they opened up the other end of Algester Road, its far more appealing with quick access to the Ipswich Motorway to Ipswich, Gold Coast, or onto the Gateway to the airport/sunshine coast.

Multiple supermarkets, no major shopping centres but Browns Plains not too far away, or alternatively Calamvale, Sunnybank not too far away.

Ditto! I lived at Parkinson for 18 months also but had to rent at Algester for a stint to get into sought after Algester Primary.

We have just done an inspection at algester and were VERY IMPRESSED with the area

Does anyone have any positives or negatives re the area & capital growth?

Kind regards

I think you just have to keep in mind that Algester is in Brisbane City Council.
Brisbane City Council does not encourage dual occupancy or renting out of granny flats to separate tenants. To build multi-unit dwellings in BCC, you need planning approval (with consideration to zone, overlays and if it is located in a neighbourhood plan area) and building approval.

thank you everyone

so the consensus is it's generally ok?

I'm hoping its an area for good capital growth in the future due to the good primary school, proximity to city & family friendly

Hi,

I've had a 3 bed house in Algester since '98. Had a few long term tenants and virtually no vacancy (1week between at most). Capital gain has never set the world on fire but the property has never gone down in value and continued to increase even during the GFC. It's really been the little engine that could!

It really need some Reno now but is never vacant long enough to do much.

I grew up in Algester although I live interstate now so feel free to ask any questions about the area.

Cheers,

Kassy

great area

prices have jumped quite a bit in the last 18 months. Prices are catching up to Parkinson. Plenty of 70s 80s style houses with great reno potential

Two years ago you might have picked up single story houses for $350 k

Good transport to the city - takes 45 min in the morning by express bus's

It has Woolies which is 2 mins on Nottingham road - really convientient. It is close to logan mway and gateway. Plenty of Doctors. It has a few schools, a great gym.

Mcdonalds are building on algester road and there is an aged care centre being belt on algester road.

we noticed there was also a sushi train next to house we purchased which is kinda cool since i swear i was asian in a past life :)

Personally I would buy in Runcorn ahead of Algester. But the desirable parts of Runcorn (near Eight Mile Plains) have gone up like 80k in the last 12 months.

Algester reminds me a little of the Hills District. Steady CG, no trains, 45min express buses to the CBD.

Is there any opportunity for a train line here in the (near) future?

Algester reminds me a little of the Hills District. Steady CG, no trains, 45min express buses to the CBD.

Is there any opportunity for a train line here in the (near) future?

Opportunity yes, likely no, the state government budget is a mess

Back