Urgent maintenance on Studio apartment with one bathroom

Hi,

My tenant living in a one bed room apartment with a private bathroom in an old building. (no swimming pool or other common area).

There is a problem with the bathtub plumbing issue which has caused the units underneath this one studio apartment lodge a complaint of water leaking.

So if I conduct an urgent repair (which is quite an extensive job for about 5 days) on this studio with just one bathroom unit, the existing tenant complaint that they cannot use the bathroom for 5 days.

As a land lord, do we need to think something else or there is no other choice for the tenant to stop using bathroom for the 5 days duration ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It took me half a day to fix a leaking bath tub drain. First find out exactly where the leak is as the BC may fix it. Unfortunately with my leak, i had to fix it.

Maybe have a Plumber pressure-test the system first to find out if the problem is related too the pipework,or the seal is broken and needs to be replaced 50/50 and save a large amount ripping out the wrong section and ending up in the front bar of the local hotel trying to work out what happened.

if its a tiled bath tub (tiles at the side) take one tile off or a 300x300 hole next to bathtub drain and the plumber can replace the old plug n waste with a new one and re seal it. also replace the trap. he'd be able to see if there was a leak by doing this.

then depending on how big your hole is cover hole with a new tile job done. (if its a bathtub waste leak)

2-3 hours work. investigating between the water pipe leaking/waste leaking a feew more hours.

In my case, the body corporate sent the plumber around to the unit below. A panel of stack in their bathroom was removed and the leak was plain to see (with a torch). It, the leak, was from my bath tub drain thingymajig.

Back