Urgent - Need A PM Recommendation!

Sorry for the same old boring threads but im a bit desperate.

I need some more recommendations. I saw one company was happy with their services but they just seemed very expensive and I want to talk to at least another 2 or 3. I'd prefer a good recommendation than just ringing up out of the yellow pages.

I'm starting to get a bit stressed, I have so many things to do and arrange. I need a PM ASAP.

I need one that does a reasonable job that doesnt charge an arm or a leg.

Please either post here or send me private message.

Please help :)

thanks

I agree that you should talk to a couple for comparison, but don't base your decision merely on price.

Been there, done that and it wasn't a smart move!

I agree that you should talk to a couple for comparison, but don't base your decision merely on price.

Been there, done that and it wasn't a smart move!

I think i got a shock when seeing the first pm. I didnt realise that there were so many expenses involved. Like for instance the lease renewal would cost around $300. Seems like a lot of money to me.

I'll visit a few and then decide. Your right that I shouldn't base the decision solely on price, but price is an important part of the decision too.

I think i got a shock when seeing the first pm. I didnt realise that there were so many expenses involved. Like for instance the lease renewal would cost around $300. Seems like a lot of money to me.

I'll visit a few and then decide. Your right that I shouldn't base the decision solely on price, but price is an important part of the decision too.

The alternative is of course to manage the property yourself. There are many here who do it very successfully. I myself manage one, but have the other professionally managed. The one I manage is a family situation, but is still done completely by the board, with bonds and inspections - though I haven't had to issue a breach yet ;)

Fees can be negotiable. See what you can do on that score.

If you find a PM who just gets on and does it, without dramas, without hassles and with a fully professional manner and approach, it is worth it for the peace of mind - that of course is just my opinion.

If you interview other PM's - just check the REA in the Dianella area, as recommendations aren't coming thick and fast - and use the skills that you've acquired in dealing with the agents to negotiate. Ask for personal recommendations and make some calls. It'll take only a few hours of your time. THEN sit down and compare the ones you have seen both in relation to price and how they stack up against one another. Your PM is helping you look after your investment, by finding you a good tenant and keeping the cash coming in and sorting out some of the cr@p that tenants can bring before it gets to you. You are paying for their time and professionalism to save YOUR time and to minimise the hassles.

IMHO if you are happy with the structure of your loans and finances, know what is deductible and what isn't and your current affairs are up-to-date (as Jo says in her post to you in another thread), leave the accountant for now and put the time in to finding a good honest and reliable PM.

All the best Kim - I know that the period between offer acceptance and settlement can be a very stressful time.

thanks for your advice i appreciate it :)

yeah i think its a good idea to interview a couple of pms in the area. the ra that sold me the property mentioned during the home open that he has properties in the complex that his agency has managed in the past and has never had any problems finding tenants. I think he also said that some of the units are managed by them. I'm thinking i might give them a call see what they can offer. There are a couple in nearby bedford and morley. Its on the border of bedford.

Good, that sounds like a plan.

Let us know how you get on.

By the way, Rick is right, the charge didn't sound too bad to me either. Unless you own a few properties you don't have a lot of negotiating power, but it doesn't hurt to ask if something can be waived or adjusted.

Things like annual statement charges are a waste of money to me. I run my properties like a business - which sounds silly as there are only two, but never mind - all charges are categorised and accounted for - it saves me money at tax time and I don't need an annual statement as I have all the figures there already, there may be one or two other charges you can remove altogether and negotiate downwards.

By the way (I think) Rick and I use the same software to manage our properties - I figured if it worked for his portfolio it could certainly manage mine! :eek: It's Property Manager Pro and I think it cost about $90 (which is tax deductible). (I really hope I thanked Rick for that piece of information - it's a great little program!)

By the way (I think) Rick and I use the same software to manage our properties - I figured if it worked for his portfolio it could certainly manage mine! :eek: It's Property Manager Pro and I think it cost about $90 (which is tax deductible). (I really hope I thanked Rick for that piece of information - it's a great little program!)

Yeah its a very good program. Yes you did Minx. Glad its of help to you :)

I've sounded like an add all night. Veda and PMP.

I'll get grumbled out by the mods if I keep this up.

Honestly, they only pay me a pittance. :p :D

Back