Urgent question, Should I lodge a VCAT application myself?

We are up to 25 days after the tenant has left.
I've been trying to get a hold of my PM, and keep asking her where the application is up to. It appears she hasn't lodged one.:eek:
My tenant left more than 9K of damage.
PM has not given me a final inspection or a final condition report. Only photos. :confused:

Should I lodge a VCAT application myself?

I think you need to walk into your PMs office and sit on their desk until they get something done. You can go to VCAT yourself, but they've likely got more info about the situation than you have.

Finally was able to talk to PM. She assured me that it would be lodged electronically today. Apparently there is an extension that you can get for lodging electronically? However, she was going to call me before she pressed the button to make sure it was all ok....

Stressed out of my mind! Obviously I'm new at dealing with this stress. But here is the thing, if she was smart she would have realized that if she does a great job she would have many more houses on her books.

Thank for responding PT bear. I think she may have a grumpy DH to deal with yet, directly.

I can't help but wonder when was the last routine inspection at the property? Surely your PM was conducting the inspections every 6 months? Were they evicted or left of their own accord?

We had issued notices, but for disturbance to the neighbors. Three and then we could get them evicted. They did all the usual things tenants should do like pay rent (still missing some) so they basically flew under the radar. Things were noted in inspections. Things like the grass were checked up on. Other than that, we had no idea it was that bad. And neither did the tenant when he asked for his bond back!!! Ouch, he thought it was acceptable. We thought that it was better to have them out at the end of the lease on relatively good terms rather than evict them.

I have frequent flyer points with VCAT under several areas, including property, up to six figures. It would help if you document what has happened. The report should be chronological or by heading, with paragraphs and pages numbered. Try to avoid panic – it’s just business. I’m currently preparing a brief against my former agent who was grossly derelict. Writing the brief is taking time but I have the law on my side.

Back