US foreclosures #2 (aka the Emma171 thread)

LOL... I might move to Canada! That being said.... a roof replacement from composite shingle to tiled roof completely done is 4.5k in Vegas... all labor, parts and material included....

Simple - ask for 3 quotes as you would anywhere... for anything...... simple.

There is simply no reason on the planet to be ripped off anywhere if you just ask around.

Hi Locko24,

We had applied and planned our move before I got interested in investing. However, along the way we did realise how much easier it would be to do from Canada.

Canadians invest across the border all the time - I read somewhere that approx 23% of them own property in the US. That's a massive amount and the banks are used to setting up deals for Canadians to do this.

I still haven't read all of the previous thread (must get onto that again this week), but am following the most recent posts....

Just heard some attention grabbing news on Ch 10 early news - some economists think the AU dollar will hit $1.30 in 2 years, and one even thinks it will hit $1.70 in 3 years! All to do with the resources boom, our strong economy, and our probably rising interest rates.

Don't know how those predictions/forecasts will play out, but man, would be thrilled if this pans out - even to the 2 year guesstimate. I originally took a trip to Vegas this time last year to do some fact finding. Soon after that, we decided that we would buy some land here to build on down the track. The 100k deposit needed for the land used up the money I was hoping to use to buy in Vegas. Because of this I thought I might have missed the boat, but if these predictions play true, I still might have an opportunity to get an investment there.

Edit. I had previously heard that economist believed that the dollar would fall back below parity before the end of the year and didn't think I would get in in time. There is still hope.

Sorry for all these posts guys...haven't figured out how to put them all in one posting !!:confused:

Redginald...I'll let you know how I go...I am told I can get a minimum 50% finance over a normal 30 year term P&I payments...up to 65%. All without paying buyers agents fee to a rip off company PLUS no finance fee to LoansUSA...I deal direct

Thanks Speedy look forward to it. I too like the look of dallas initially, along with vegas (thanks emma) and parts of florida so be keen to get your thoughts on your return as well as how you go on the finance side of things there.

Edit. I had previously heard that economist believed that the dollar would fall back below parity before the end of the year and didn't think I would get in in time. There is still hope.

I think its clear to say that the economists HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE AUSSIE DOLLAR IS GOING. 12 months ago - they said in 12 months time it would be down to 55 cents and we hit $1.10........then recently many say in 12 months time we will be back down to 80 cents.....now its as high as $1.70 from some economists......

I think its clear to say that the economists HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE AUSSIE DOLLAR IS GOING. 12 months ago - they said in 12 months time it would be down to 55 cents and we hit $1.10........then recently many say in 12 months time we will be back down to 80 cents.....now its as high as $1.70 from some economists......

Welcome markgts..

Your right. Flavor of the month...Drives me nanaz when quality media outlets go for the low hanging fruit for headliners...Everyone knows they just make that sh## up and call around till they find "experts" that concur with said sh## .....sigh. Damn experts and there "Halo Effect"

Think shaking your resident Magic 8 ball will give you better results. Incase you dont have said mystical device handy.... ill give you the tip.... Found the kids one recently and asked it amoung other things, if the au $ is heading up... First answer i got was "concentrate and ask again"

Followed as per instructed & i asked again...the answer?

"my sources say no" There ya have it folks. The 8 ball hath spoketh...

Bugger the $AU. Just invest. I lucked out(or not). If i had held on to my transfer i wouldve made something like 7k on a 60k transfer 4weeks later. Its a shame but im still glad i did it. Spare a thought for folks like Lawsjs that pulled of the impossible when its was a third it is today. Thats why im keeping an ear to these two smart cookies...Living breathing(and funny) examples of whats possible. trendsetters! Ha!

re Loan-USA
I have been following up with them from last 5-6 months, but no luck in terms of getting loan. Seems like either they don't have any options in hand and they are trying trying and endless trying or they are doing big deals 500k / 1M +, not these 50k-80k stuff. Be prepared for not receiving response via email for 2-3 weeks, not getting call back etc... before all of this they will send you registration form with 100$ fee for not having any option for 6months. Just sharing as it is like trying something in DARK. And not in a good mood though today.

Lucky you bevk, I wish I could have any option to move to Canada or something to get loan.

re Loan-USA
I have been following up with them from last 5-6 months, but no luck in terms of getting loan. Seems like either they don't have any options in hand and they are trying trying and endless trying or they are doing big deals 500k / 1M +, not these 50k-80k stuff. Be prepared for not receiving response via email for 2-3 weeks, not getting call back etc... before all of this they will send you registration form with 100$ fee for not having any option for 6months. Just sharing as it is like trying something in DARK. And not in a good mood though today.

Lucky you bevk, I wish I could have any option to move to Canada or something to get loan.

LoansUSA. There looking for the easy sells. Sales 101. The uneducated preferrably. If your dialogue with them suggested you knew x-amount then id say you were profiled and placed in the too hard basket.

There type are shockingly predictable....this is probably there word for word reply to late responses....tell me when you get this please :)

"Due to an unprecedented response for our services we regret to inform all customers that due to a backlog of enquiries, our response time wil be greater then the current average. #2weeks?#

We care greatly about your time and value any enquirey you may have regarding any one of LoansUSA many great products....#cue marketing rubbish# blah blah...LoansUSA provides customers with Australias number one choice in ##more rubbish re-affirming there previous point. You know..incase you missed it the first time##

We thank you for your patience and ensure you that the team at LoansUSA are working round the clock to bring you...#cue bullsh** motto plug# ... the best deals at the best prices!

There all the same. Turn an apology into marketing opportunity. Apologees are advertisements and are spatout over the web aswell so it par the course for such folk

Has anybody else noticed that their website now simply says "Loans USA is undertaking an exciting total revamp of its web presence and we look forward to unveiling our new strategy by June 1st."

Interesting...

Back