US property - next 3 years

Do we think that it'll do better than 10% each year for the next 3 years?

Who knows?

And Buffet has made humongous mistakes so he may be right but he may well be wrong.

Some people try to make money in the market by attempting to predict the future, but my way was to react, ride the trend, and use stop losses to get out before catastrophe hit. To try to analyse yourself, or even attempt to figure out who of the experts is right when they can be so contradictory is just a waste of time in my opinion.

If I were younger and could do all that is necessary to keep my eye on a REIT I would probably go for another wild ride.

I see that the one I made a stash of cash on - Vanguard VGSIX - how those letters glow with glory - has doubled in the last year (well it would, it's tracking the same index as ishares DJ) - but I can't be bothered having to be so vigilant while the economy over there is so wobbly.

This little ancient duck is happy with term deposits for the first time.

And Buffet has made humongous mistakes so he may be right but he may well be wrong.
Always remember that if you or I buy shares in a company we are simply doing that. When Buffet takes major position in a company (and he always does) you sit beside the CEO and you write conditions on your stake which puts you above the public shareholders.

If someone quotes Buffet to you.... run! They have only read books, not suffered the pain.

[If someone quotes Buffet to you.... run! They have only read books, not suffered the pain.[/QUOTE]

best quote ive seen in awhile!

FWIW, by my reading and reckoning, I think there will be even more specials in the US in the ensuing 6-18 months.

I just wonder if the bullishness of the Oracle from Omaha lays in the fact that he may well control the top holdings in said fund :rolleyes:

I wonder if he is intent on ramping it up to sell. Is he behind the top holdings?..........:confused:

http://us.ishares.com/product_info/fund/holdings/IYR.htm

Back