US Stocks

IV, thanks for the reply. Recent storm hasn't hurt me too much either, maybe 1 to 2% as i had 50%(still have 45%) sitting on the sidelines going in to the downturn(hedging). Overall about 5% of net worth sitting in the US. So play money really.

Understand the AU vs US thing but this is money sitting in the US anyway, so no exchange rate changes going on. Don't want to bring it back to AUS until the AU$ is much lower and getting bored having so much sitting in cash earning bugger all.

Don't know why I like to keep an eye on this one, even though I sold all. Perhaps to witness the demise of a company?

Today, trading at $18.50 !!!

the key to holding a share in a company that is experiencing price declines is to be confident that the future intrinsic value is constant or rising.

If the intrinsic value is falling, then the dumb schmucks that 'hold until the price recovers' deserve to loose (Mistress market as opposed to Mr Market).

I have no idea about the company you intially invested in, but given the continued movement over time, i would say that its probably due to increased risk that future intrinsic value is falling.

So well done:D

Back