USD to crash

i'm calling it here now.

if the Euro/USD breaks $1.44 it's on like donkey kong.

i'll be waiting to buy US real estate when the AUD is $1.10.

giddyup :D

My partner will be doing back flips if the dollar gets that high.

He purchases high end stuff relating to his hobby from the good old USA. He ordered and paid for something when we were getting 94c in the dollar. Still waiting for his order to be completed but a mate paid a deposit and his order was fulfilled when the $ dropped.

i'm calling it here now.

or gradually take exposure to US stocks with overseas earnings or are exporters, this is a strategy i've started to adopt since the AU$ went above 80c (i wanted to buy into the US market earlier this year, but was prevented by the low AU$. No point getting the fundamentals right on the company only to loose it on the exchange rate).

Hi, very interesting. It's exactly what the tiresome little voice has been saying the last 2 days. To the extent that I was toying with the idea of going long on a fairly staid stable unexciting currency like NZD. AUD is a bit on the high side for me as I've been used to buying in at 50 cents. But I accept that that mindset may have to change.

The problem of course being when this will happen.

The latest indicator is very strong. The Fed had to buy their own Treasuries. Now if one had a bunch of USD bonds, or whatnots, would one not be looking quietly to divest them at the best price?

If it was a country other than the USA, would Soros not drive it to the wall?

My wild speculations but interesting to see what unfolds next.

KY

BTW Chilliia, my brother was telling me the same thing last month. He said I could the Bank of America for a song why don't I. He also said something about Citibank.

And let me he was one of those who suffered in the Asian financial crisis, now he's doing well.

What goes around comes around.

KY

If it was a country other than the USA, would Soros not drive it to the wall?

KY

absolutely - the thirteen wise men would move in and suck it dry.

i reckon China's going to start selling the USD soon. i think they're artificially de-valuing the USD, which will make people realise and try to artificially inflate it, then they'll sell for that nice "W" recovery everyone dreads.

Hi Bluecard, "China is going to sell the USD soon".

My exact same thoughts!

But on the "devaluing the USD"? I thought it was China & her ilk that's been propping UP the USD. Otherwise why would the USD not have crumbled more drastically?

My worry is that USA has to offer high yields & thereby for a period of time keep the currency high.

KY

I'm going to US in december. so when do you think I should start arranging internal flights and accommodation? and buying USD?

great time to visit US and with such cheap fares too.

BTW Chilliia, my brother was telling me the same thing last month. He said I could the Bank of America for a song why don't I. He also said something about Citibank.

And let me he was one of those who suffered in the Asian financial crisis, now he's doing well.

What goes around comes around.

KY

Nah im not investing in the banks over there. THey have done very well, but i cant value them. I like australian big 4 banks because of their market dominance position (but not at current prices, i was a buyer at prices much below current market prices).

i'm calling it here now.

hey blue card that was a great post about 13 wise men. Without trying to sound too 'conspiritory' there is actually some logic to your statements.

Check out the history of the influence of Goldman Sachs employees in government decision making (including Mr Paulson himself).

hey blue card that was a great post about 13 wise men. Without trying to sound too 'conspiritory' there is actually some logic to your statements.

Check out the history of the influence of Goldman Sachs employees in government decision making (including Mr Paulson himself).

send me a PM or email.

switzer has an interview with abn amor chief economist today - summary:

AUD heading to 95c after a Sept blip in the US markets (will decline a little during htat period)

variable int rates going nowhere in a hurry, fixed rising

Back