Used an Investment Bank like Macquarie... anyone?

This post is primarily aimed at the "Magi" in the property finance industry.
Has anyone ever tried to or does anyone know anything about raising wholesale funds from an investment bank like Macquarie?
I am curious how the Rams and Aussie's of the word got started in the property finance game. In other words what exactly are the criteria or processes Non Bank Lenders go through to raise funds to lend out.
Some educated responses would be much appreciated.

Not having done this myself, nor do I plan to.

I would say some things you would need are:

A very Good Business Plan, the correct corporate setup, a good amount of funds to run your business.

Know how, experience, then apporach the wholesale funder and see if they will do business with you.

If they think you have what it takes and have the business plan and know how you might be able to get a deal done.

I don't believe that this would be a walk in the part however, you would need to put in a lot of time and energy.

This post is primarily aimed at the "Magi" in the property finance industry.
Has anyone ever tried to or does anyone know anything about raising wholesale funds from an investment bank like Macquarie?
I am curious how the Rams and Aussie's of the word got started in the property finance game. In other words what exactly are the criteria or processes Non Bank Lenders go through to raise funds to lend out.
Some educated responses would be much appreciated.

The number of non-bank funders (and the various sub-species) looking for funding from banks and others are legion. If you don't have runs on the board and a compelling (and low risk) model, funding from domestic banks is on the wrong side of impossible.

Thank you for the feedback. I do have a business plan... actually I teach business planning as a university lecturer. I've been working on this concept since 2003, the difficulty I have encountered in my meetings with the investment banks is that the concept is new and untested in their eyes. So, I plan to start the business small and get some runs on the board before I try again.

Back