Useful Property Apps????

I am new to property investing, and looking for ways to make searching for properties and managing my portfolio/tenants easier. Does anyone know of any iPad/Android apps that can help? I'd really enjoy hearing your thoughts...

Searching for properties, use the RealEstate.com and Domain apps. I think that one of the investment magazines now has an iPad app that allows viewing the property data at the back -- might be Your Investment Property mag.

Other than that, you need to work out an investment strategy. There is no app for that yet (but I am working on one).

As for managing properties and tenants, I pay less than $80 a month for something that does EVERYTHING for me. It's called a Property Manager. :D

I am new to property investing, and looking for ways to make searching for properties and managing my portfolio/tenants easier. Does anyone know of any iPad/Android apps that can help? I'd really enjoy hearing your thoughts...

> realestate.com.au
> PriceFinder (paid)
> RPData (paid)
> SunSeeker (shows orientation and sun paths)
> CBA property guide
> Evernote

SunSeeker (shows orientation and sun paths)

Is this an Apple app? Am trying to find it in Android ...

Thanks!

Yep, I found it on iTunes and it does indeed look pretty cool... I'm downloading the free version now. I'll let you know what I think...

Are there any others, especially on the android, that you like?

On a related topic, does anyone know the key differences between all the different real estate listing apps out there? Is there a difference in what is available on say, realestateview.com's app vs. the realestate.com app or any of the bank real estate related apps?

I'm just wondering if you're missing something if you use just one? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi Jonniedoo,

I've noticed that some regional properties are listed on RE.com but not Domain.

Also there is an Apple App called "AuctionHelp" that I like to refer to for stamp duty estimates and quick repayment calculations. Just remember to change the State in your settings if you are buying interstate.

Regards, Clinker

I'm a fairly new investor myself, and what I find really helps (which you've already made a great start at!) is my investment property communities. Forums like this one, blog sites etc are really useful.

In regards to apps, I think everyone has mentioned the main ones. I don't know of any more that are relevant to the Australian marketplace (though plenty of USA-based ones could well do with an AU version!). Whoever mentioned they are working on one, is a smart business person :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are interested in renovating, App called Builder App can help you to find and get quote from Traddies and Suppliers nearby.

Cheers

Back