Using Hydropoxy to waterproof???? HELP!

Hi all,

I have just had a building inspection completed on an IP in Bathurst I am looking to secure. All pretty good, only thing is the lower storey's left wall is also the retaining wall and hasnt been waterproofed - the property is approx 20yrs old (current owners were also the builders) and there is some rising damp on this retaining wall and also some indication of salt damage on the bricks. Apparantely the damp course is a fraction higher than it should be.

The builder said I could strip the paint back and use hydropoxy on the retaining wall and also the external walls around the room (currently a rumpus - soon to be converted into 2 extra bedrooms) to waterproof the area so it meets building regulations with regard to habitable spaces and their 'protection from the elements'.

I need to know if this is an easy DIY job if your a typical female with no building experience, or reno experience for that matter lol!! :eek: Or would I be better off getting an expert to do and important job like this?

Back