Utilitity cost changed into tenants name ect?

Who does my tenant contact and how do they get the utilities of the property changed to there name and it comes out of there account.

I assume
Synergy for electricty
Water Coorperation for water
Gas ect ???

Do i contact them or does my tenant?

Help is appreciated. Perth, Midland area.

Thanks
z6

tenant connects their own utilities.

you can help if your property manager is affiliated with a utilities connection company that will do it for the tenant with one easy phone call.

tenant connects their own utilities.

you can help if your property manager is affiliated with a utilities connection company that will do it for the tenant with one easy phone call.

What if im managing the property myself?

Still the tenants responsibility. Im happy to help though.

Suggested calling Synergy, Atlantis and Water Corp and changing there name onto the details for the length of the tenancy.

Atlantis?!?!?

Synergy for power
Alinta or Kleenheat Gas for gas
Water Corp is usually in your name and you bill them for water usage. I believe you can now get them to pay directly to Watercorp

They do it all themselves. If they want utilities they organise it

The only thing I would add is, stay on top of it and make sure you receive a final bill to your own name, which confirms that they have switched the utilities over to their name.

No point waiting 3 mths and *then* realising, when you receive your next bill, that they have been slack and left them in your name.

How is it that your tenant does not know this stuff? Please be careful not to hold their hands too much in these matters. You are not their parent.
In Victoria landlord pays the service charges on water and tenant pays the usage. I just ensure the usage portion gets changed over to tenant's name. For the rest leave them to it. There's this thing called Google they could use to find out whatever they need to know for the rest.

Back