vacant possession

Well that's just stupid then!

So technically it wouldn't be optional for the owner..

It's not stupid for the DHA. They are protecting their interests. You can, however apply to have the rental amount looked at if it is below market. I believe Geoff did this and was successful in having the rent adjusted upwards, as I remember rightly.

Could be wrong here but don't they charge 16% to manage it for you?

Be interesting to know how many come on to the market after being defence housing. I imagine they would only be the ones they don't want anymore so might not be in the best areas for CG.

LOL the deal is not 'stupid' or 'stinky' :p Just not the best one out there, hey?

Sorry - can't help myself. IPs has no apostrophe in it when the "s" relates to multiples, ie is an abbreviation for investment properties. If you're talking about the investment property's mortgage, it's the IP's mortgage and does need an apostrophe. :)

If it were just one post, I'd ignore it, but it's also incorrect in your signature. I think goals with grammatical errors are less likely to be achieved, so I'm trying to help you, not just being pedantic. :D

oh pleeeeeeese

Could be wrong here but don't they charge 16% to manage it for you?

Be interesting to know how many come on to the market after being defence housing. I imagine they would only be the ones they don't want anymore so might not be in the best areas for CG.

LOL the deal is not 'stupid' or 'stinky' :p Just not the best one out there, hey?

I dont think the deal is stupid either, just different from normal private resi leasing - i think to write everything else off except whats already within yor comfort zone is not the best way

16% is no more than my pm charges - 8.5% of rent + gst/ inpsectons per/letting fee/final inspection etc etc adds up to that much for me......

Sorry - can't help myself. IPs has no apostrophe in it when the "s" relates to multiples, ie is an abbreviation for investment properties. If you're talking about the investment property's mortgage, it's the IP's mortgage and does need an apostrophe. :)

If it were just one post, I'd ignore it, but it's also incorrect in your signature. I think goals with grammatical errors are less likely to be achieved, so I'm trying to help you, not just being pedantic. :D

I thought this was a property investment forum, not an english class.

" I think goals with grammatical errors are less likely to be achieved, so I'm trying to help you, not just being pedantic. "

Can you please explain this sentence, it doesn't make sense?

I don't think it means jack, I'd bought properties long before I could read and write.

As far as granma is concerned 1 died in 1965 and the other in 1997.

joke being..

she joked that she had a belief (which I dont think she truthfully beleives to be somethign she spent that much time dwelling over somehow) that if someone writes a goal down using incorrect grammar, it will not come true. Being a good person and not wanting to see you fail she pointed out your apparent incorrect use of an apostrophe so that your goals are unecessarily jeopardised...she wasn't just being pedantic.. perhaps a glass of wine is needd to help understand this one...

joke being..

she joked that she had a belief (which I dont think she truthfully beleives to be somethign she spent that much time dwelling over somehow) that if someone writes a goal down using incorrect grammar, it will not come true. Being a good person and not wanting to see you fail she pointed out your apparent incorrect use of an apostrophe so that your goals are unecessarily jeopardised...she wasn't just being pedantic.. perhaps a glass of wine is needd to help understand this one...
Precisely. I was being pedantic, but knowing that pedantry can be annoying, I was giving a lame excuse to try and justify it. :)

Happy New Year! (Meaning: I hope 2010 is a happy year for you all.)

Back