Vale RossV :(

I am very sad to say that I have learned this morning that RossV is no longer with us (it was actually a post on his rarely updated facebook page saying "it's been a year today, we miss you Rossy").

It might be a name unfamiliar with newer forumites, but many of the longer term members would know him or certainly know of him.

I spent many, many hours chatting to him (and others) in the chat room from 2003 onwards. Met him at a few SS social events (including an obscenly hot day at Putney Park in Sydney - at least he had the good sense to have a cold beer handy, see below). And I even had dinner with him one night in Invercargill (NZ), after his plane had been diverted to Invervegas from Queenstown.

As such I can say that he was a genuinely nice guy, always willing to share his knowledge, and that what he didn't know about renovations was not worth knowing.

He was also one of the early guinea pigs with the interview (see rossv interview).

187Somersoft_BBQ_016.jpg

RIP my friend. :(

Never met him but used to talk to him via forums and chatroom. Best story was that block of units he bought in some country town. The minute they were listed he jumped in the car and raced down there.

I saw that same post this morning. Ross was a good guy to have a beer with.

In fact I think that might be a younger me in the background.

Met him on a number of occasions. Had some good conversations with him.

I think the first time was a forum style meetup in Parramatta that the Wifey organised way back.

RIP Ross.

Oh that is sad news indeed and I had no idea! Thanks for letting us know, Mark. He was quite a character and I wish his family and friends condolences.

Along in the good old days when we used to get together for picnics, drinks, even the odd wedding :D Ross was there often with the rest of us reno junkies- Ani, Cliff and Vicki, Dave, Sim, Yuch and Michael, Simon, Paul Z, Rolf etc.... he loved his regionals and was quite handy with installing a cabinet or two as well... RIP Ross

That is real shame.
Ross was a nice guy who was always open to a chat and a beer.
He will be missed by many.
David

Wow - Ross was only a young 'un. Hope he got to buy that PPOR and thanks for prompting a re-read of his interview.

Rest in peace, Ross ... and renovate forever

Very sad to here that . He was a fixture on the forum when I first joined . Had a love of boats and very hands on with his Renos

When my wife was organising a Reno on our previous PPOR , Ross came around and walked us through the process of what we needed to do .

Cliff

Back