VALUATION how to get one?

W

WebBoard

Looking a at 2 IPs to purchase. Rather than relying on the vendors advice on the valuation of the IPs, I want an accurate, independent and professional valuation of the properties before going ahead with any sales. How do I get one? Who does them? A local estate agent? or ? what fees are entailed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Rod

If you want to be reasonably sure of value use a valuer that is a Registered Valuer. Depending on what you want the cost will be from $ 200 to $ 550.

If you use a valuation company that is also a quantity surveyor you can usually get a discount by taking both services at once.

The Yellow pages would be your best bet though I suspect someone here will be able to help with a direct referral.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 1.1

Hello there,
What area are you in. There should be a list of registered valuers in the yellow pages. Best bet is to call the lending institution u r going 2 use and find out which valuation companies they use in your areas, then book a valuation thru them and ask them to address it to u and the lending institution. If u r happy with the val most of the times u can use this valuation if it is addressed to the lender as well. saves u money.
JD

Back