valuation - who to use

hi all

im looking to get a proper bank val for a property im considering buying, but I wish to arrange the valuation myself. i do not wish to apply for my loan as yet , as we've agreed to a longer term settlement.

can someone point me in the right direction please, the house is in frankston south.

looking to get it done asap

cheers
faststeady

Hiya

It would be helpful if you knew which lender u will use, so that you can get a val from the lenders panel of valuers, so that you wont be up for a nasty surprise when the lender uses a diff group of valuers and come up with a diff result.

ta
rolf

likely either cba or bendigo

not so much concerned with it influencing my loan as ill be putting in more than required anyway, more for negotiating with current owner

cheers
faststeady

this is a question that I ve always wanted to ask for years but hadn't had the chance to but.

valuations cost $500+ and sometimes they can take a while to get organised,

so if you are in a hurry or there is not much time or there is a lot of interest in a property or by the time its done, the property might be gone!

I have been told that if you are really serious about a property, you should do all your research, pest reports etc, and then get a valuation in the final step

However, when Im doing all my research, in the back of my mind I must admit Im a bit worried about missing a big point that will affect the valuation.

so my question is unless you are a valuer or are married to one, or have a good friend who is one, is there a way without paying $500 EACH time and possibly waiting 2 weeks, to get a valuation, it doesn't have to be a full one,

I was thinking, is there a way that you can show the advertisment to someone, floor plans, area size, and then give a list of all and surrounding sales for the past month or similar for them to have a quick 5 min glance and come back to you and say, well this one is advertised for $495k, they are dreamining, judging by past sales, the average for this type of property has been around $460k, however this one has a larger BLAH BLAH and a better BLAH BLAH, however its got a worse BLAH BLAH, so maybe add $10k, $10k, subtract $10k, market value should be around $480k, give or take $10k each way so $470-$490K......

or am I dreaming>?

hi all

im looking to get a proper bank val for a property im considering buying, but I wish to arrange the valuation myself. i do not wish to apply for my loan as yet , as we've agreed to a longer term settlement.

can someone point me in the right direction please, the house is in frankston south.

looking to get it done asap

cheers
faststeady

Valuers would be happy to do it, however obviously need contact details for access.

Landlink are on the panel for most lenders and operate throughout Vic so are Charter Keck Cramer, however you should check with a MB or bank first.

The banks will also do their own valuation once an application is approved and might even use yours if it can be assigned.

What's the property worth etc.?

Back