Value Add Features & specifications

Hi Guys,

My planning permit just got approved by council for 2 side-by-side town houses in a Melbourne eastern suburb (about 14 kms from city), so the next stage is to get a building permit.

As this is the first time that I am developing, I am looking for an advice to find out what are the internal building features and specifications that add value to a high end property with in a reasonable cost.

Based on my discussions with builders, I led to believe that, I can achieve the following at about $15k/sq turn-key.

1). Wall to wall tiles in wet areas
2). Quality Floor Boards
3). Stone bench tops in kitchen
4). Quality Doors and windows (Floor to ceiling in living and sitting)
5). Decent cornice, splashback and skirting
6). Face Brick for the ground floor and quality render to the first floor for the external walls.

But I am unclear of type and color of the above that would add value to the property.

The dwelling 1: consists of 4 bed (2 master) /3 bath/1 living/1 sitting/single garage/2.7m height / small study

Dwelling 2: consists of 3 bed (1 master) /3 bath/1 living/1 sitting/single garage/2.7m height / small study.

At this stage, we are thinking of building and giving it for rent with an option of living in one dweeling some time in the future.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi Raj,

All of the features you listed will help to add value, maybe also add high ceilings if you don't already have this.

As for colours I would suggest keeping them neutral as it's better for resale and will appeal to more people.

Do you have floor plans of the town houses you can post?

Hi Michael,
Thanks for responding. which email I can send plans to?

I have got 2.7m ceiling in both Ground and First floors.

cheers
Raj

Back