Variances in Surname

Sounds like it's a potentially serious enough problem to warrant a visit to a solicitor to ask for advice on documenting some of this?

Perhaps documentation left with your wills and such?

Haha, yeah, it's in the 'too hard basket' at the moment, as he's got other stuff to sort out first. He's said he'll address it 'later'. Hmmm.....who knows when that is. :rolleyes:

I can apply pressure to 'encourage' him to get it done, but then I'm in the dog house (not that we've got a dog, and the cats live inside with us) for 'nagging'. Needless to say, I'll probably have to do that anyway, but if I wait a while, it will look more like a reminder than a 'nag', if you know what I mean.

I would never have included the stupid confirmation name on my license in the first place!

Now, it's a problem. Some of our properties have his name with it included. Others do not. He could go get it changed with the RTA, I am sure, without too much hassle, but he's worried that if he does, when he dies (as we all will at some time), whoever is left to deal with it won't be able to prove that he is the same person.

Not a problem. In the will he can say his legal name and all variations. But similar hassles when transferring title to executor.

Why not fix it all up now. Change name with RTA and passport etc then get bank to change names on title. They do this all the time with marriages.

Not a problem. In the will he can say his legal name and all variations. But similar hassles when transferring title to executor.

Why not fix it all up now. Change name with RTA and passport etc then get bank to change names on title. They do this all the time with marriages.

The right name is already on the Passport. It's only the license where the dumb extra name is. Like I said previously, it's not really up to me. I have to wait until he's ready to do it. Grrrr.

I had a very similar problem, it got to the point where i couldn't produce 100 points of ID for any one name.

I moved interstate and couldn't even get a new drivers license!

Only solution was to change my name with BDM. Took a little while to iron out, but no longer any issues.

Back