Variation - expiring soon

Hi just giving everyone a heads up that variation is expiring soon and you should think about submitting it.

Just wondering do you do the variation yourself or through an accountant?

How do you plan to go this year? are you gonna change it up or stick with the same old thing as you did last year?

I just copy someone else's variation and use that - it saves me $67.

Whaaa....I think I have had to fix those problems before. Take care with preparation that its diligent as errors can lead to a tax shortfall and a penalty.

Its very easy to do online I agree. Far easier to access than etax etc. Its as case of:
- Having employer info for the form and ensure ALL employers are included
- Accurate projections for the 2015/16 year for all sources of income and expenses
- Property by property breakdown may be needed
- Consider variable issues such as bonuses, commission etc

Once lodged its important to re-visit the variation 2-3 times a year and question if anything has changed. ie job, new position, second income, ew IP, sale of IP, sale shares etc....All the nasty outcomes from a PAYGV seem to come when the year has ended and the surprise occurs. If needed you can vary the variation later but will need your most recent payslips etc.

Whaaa....I think I have had to fix those problems before. Take care with preparation that its diligent as errors can lead to a tax shortfall and a penalty.

Its very easy to do online I agree. Far easier to access than etax etc. Its as case of:
- Having employer info for the form and ensure ALL employers are included
- Accurate projections for the 2015/16 year for all sources of income and expenses
- Property by property breakdown may be needed
- Consider variable issues such as bonuses, commission etc

Once lodged its important to re-visit the variation 2-3 times a year and question if anything has changed. ie job, new position, second income, ew IP, sale of IP, sale shares etc....All the nasty outcomes from a PAYGV seem to come when the year has ended and the surprise occurs. If needed you can vary the variation later but will need your most recent payslips etc.

Paul, I think they were just having a go at the OP based on his previous behaviour. I.e., when he came up with his own method of creating a depreciation schedule.

Oh, no... I might need some help.

I accidentally my whole variation.

what should I do ...is this bad?

Back