Vending Machines?

I have a relative who is looking into buying a few machines.

Anyone had any experience with these?

Any positive and negative points to consider?

:)

There have been a few threads previously on vending machines, not sure they would be able to answer your questions fully though. Try this one for a start.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=3186#post3186

I also know a forum member who is in the process of getting her first machines.........hopefully she will be able to give you a few pointers.

We had a very interesting talk about vending at the Melbourne Investornet meeting a couple of months ago. One of the directors of Austway Vending is a member and I found it all very intersting. Their website is http://www.austway.com

Let us know what you find out. :)

Ruby

Hi

Vending is a lot like real estate......location.....location..etc

Many companies are flogging state of the art machines fitted with modems to tell you when to get off the couch and go and refill them plus pick up the coin if you can lift it.

What a load of bs !

Vending of snacks and drinks especially is hard work and if you are not doing a weekly call to a site it is a dog.
The best snack sites have to be serviced daily........why bother with a modem !

Modern office type locations look good but rarely turn out that way.
The best turnover is down-market with locations with heavy people traffic or especially young teens.

Vandalism and theft is common and personal security is a concern especially in public sites where junkies gather, eg. railway stations.

You would need at least 20 well located sites to make a full time reasonable living.
The chances of a newcomer locating good sites in competition with the existing big guys is about as likely as Henry Kaye giving a free seminar.

Horror rip off stories are common in the vending industry , usually involving machine sales to newcomers.
Try a quick search on Google of "vending scams"

Hi Allan,

That 'forum member' Ruby was alluding in her post is me.

There!! I have written it down for the whole world to see - so if I make an absolute prize idiot of myself in the coming months, you will all know:D

I have not got the machines yet, so I can't tell you too much , But I have been researching this for a bit. If you have any questions I will answer them if i can in my limited capacity.

Nimee

I am running 60 machines under contract and probably see the worst of the industry, so please don't be too put off by my comments.
There is certainly money to be made but as I indicated previously the location of the machine is paramount as is your call frequency.

Aim for a one point one weekly call per machine and if a machine does not warrant that, start looking for a new location.

Good luck and if you need any info feel free to ask.

Cheers

Thanks foxysilvers for the encouragement!! Also for saying 'feel free to ask' [you may come to regret that:D - just joking ; I promise not to be a PITA]

I am getting 5 [6?] machines initially. They haven't been sited yet. Although they have an option for finding sites by yourself I felt I need some to hold my hand initially , so went with the complete package option - which comes with monitoring cashflow for a month or so to determine whether the site is profitable. If not they will resite it once for free.

I don't have very high expectation of this ; just wanted another kind of cash flow. And regard this as a sort of low cost business education;) . I am also aware of the pit falls. But my reasoning for getting in is unless I tried I will never know.

So thanks again for the support.

Back