Thought I would bounce past SS, for my sister's property purchase, the vendor has requested delayed settlement for 1 month so that it falls on 2 July 2015. The property is currently an investment property for the vendor. My sister will be moving into it and is taking vacant possession. Our solicitor is not aware of the vendor's reason for delayed settlement, however delayed settlement does work out better for my sister. My concern is whether there is anything sinister about this and should we decline their request? Initially i was thinking they wanted to settle in the new year for tax reasons, but im pretty sure tax is based on the date the contract is signed (though they may not be aware of this). Anyway, what are your thoughts? Should we just accept their request or decline it?