Verandah Repairs Tax Question

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place)

Hi all! I have a quick question about my investment property and a verandah repair that is being made. Any guidance is appreciated :)

The front verandah of one of my investment properties has had some tiles break off (probably about 7-10) and I cannot buy these tiles or anything similar anymore. Size doesn't appear to be around anymore. We've got a tiler to remove the old tiles and re-tile it with some new, larger tiles.

Would this be classified as a repair and be able to be claimed as a tax deduction?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place)

Hi all! I have a quick question about my investment property and a verandah repair that is being made. Any guidance is appreciated :)

The front verandah of one of my investment properties has had some tiles break off (probably about 7-10) and I cannot buy these tiles or anything similar anymore. Size doesn't appear to be around anymore. We've got a tiler to remove the old tiles and re-tile it with some new, larger tiles.

Would this be classified as a repair and be able to be claimed as a tax deduction?

Sounds like an improvement.

Back