Very small toilet

I have a 2m L x 2.2m H x 0.9m W toilet which im going to tile.

I was thinking of using 30x30 tiles for the floor and maybe 30x60 for the walls.

Would these big tiles make the room look smaller than it is? Or would i be better off using smaller tiles like 20x20?

Im using 30x30 so i dont need to cut the floor tiles :D

Big tiles (and light colours) do tend to make small spaces look bigger, just to answer the question :p

Nothing worse than a good 80s bathroom, tiled in teeny little dark tiles from floor to ceiling. Could induce claustrophobia in the best of us.

I have a 2m L x 2.2m H x 0.9m W toilet which im going to tile.

I was thinking of using 30x30 tiles for the floor and maybe 30x60 for the walls.

Would these big tiles make the room look smaller than it is? Or would i be better off using smaller tiles like 20x20?

Im using 30x30 so i dont need to cut the floor tiles :D

We have just tiled five of these toilet / bathrooms and I wish at the time I had chosen a smaller tile,not because it made it look smaller but because the floors weren't level and we had to use a leveler to try and level the concrete.Another problem is we had to tile around the toilets,(A job in itself).
All the toilets were replaced but they were done before we tiled :(

Take the toilet out before you tile makes it so much easier;)

Personally I believe larger tiles in a small area makes it look even smaller,however I was happy with the 330 x330 tiles we used except they wouldn't fit in the tile cutter and all had to be cut by hand. But at $16m2 in a country town I'm not winging.:p

I think 30cm tiles are damn big lol - I'm thinking mosaic tiles as 'small'

My bathroom is about 1.2x3m and it has 20cm tiles. They work quite nicely. Mind you with a bathroom that small there isn't much floor to tile.

The deep aqua on the walls and ceiling, however, does NOT work in a room that small :mad:

I went and ordered some tiles yesterday.

I actually got 30x33 for the walls. These tiles had grout lines within the tiles itself so it looks like i tiled on tiny tiles.

For the floor i went for 40x40, lets hope when they are put on they dont look bad lol.

Getting them at 70% off doesnt hurt either ;)

Just did something of similar to yours in a house... L1800 x W670 x H2000. Big tiles on the grond, plaster on the side painted a new colour with a massive mirror behind the toilet. Looks fantastic. Will post pics when have time.

with a massive mirror behind the toilet. Looks fantastic. Will post pics when have time.

Please do !!

While you're at it, why not pop another massive mirror on the back of the door, then you'll create yourself the longest room in the world.....and then the fun will really begin.

We have a big mirror we just had lying around liquid nailed in a very dodgy fashion to the wall opposite our loo (that wall is untiled so its a temporary thing and hides some of the damage from getting that room rewired). Makes the bathroom look way bigger.

My toddler follows me into the loo, stands on her little stool and brushes her hair in the mirror while I'm in there. And then tells ME when I'm done, hands me toilet paper and hurries me out of there.

I gotta get a lock on that door ...

Back