Vics - new $26k FHBG - regional

Hows that , Brumby announces a new $26k FHBG grant for regional areas to encourage people out into the spaces and to help keep regional building moving, what do ya think ?

Pretty amazing times aren't they . With everything going on OS , we have our mobs throwing money at our housing left and right , spike after spike and still going . I wonder what this one will bring.

In a way though I reckon this is a good idea b/c the whole country has hundreds of great regional areas and very close to the cities anyway if that's the way people preferred it. Plenty of room , oodles of property and choices and at 1/2 the price .
Helps take pressure of the cities plus boost regional populations again.

I'm not so sure about the timing and yet more spikes but apart from that not a bad idea really.

Cheers

Hows that , Brumby announces a new $26k FHBG grant for regional areas to encourage people out into the spaces and to help keep regional building moving, what do ya think ?

Pretty amazing times aren't they . With everything going on OS , we have our mobs throwing money at our housing left and right , spike after spike and still going . I wonder what this one will bring.

In a way though I reckon this is a good idea b/c the whole country has hundreds of great regional areas and very close to the cities anyway if that's the way people preferred it. Plenty of room , oodles of property and choices and at 1/2 the price .
Helps take pressure of the cities plus boost regional populations again.

I'm not so sure about the timing and yet more spikes but apart from that not a bad idea really.

Cheers

Do you have the link?
Thanks!

No I just saw it on the news tonight.

Yeah I thiink it's 26,500 now but that's entirely from the Vic Gov where as last yr I think was mostly Rudd's input .
Fair old whack for a state Gov' alone though isn't it if you think Howard only doubled it to 14k what 8-9 yrs ago and started a boom. The weird thing is , they'll make back triple anyway in new home taxes .

No I just saw it on the news tonight.

Yeah I thiink it's 26,500 now but that's entirely from the Vic Gov where as last yr I think was mostly Rudd's input .
Far old whack for a state Gov' alone though isn't it. The weird thing is , they'll make back tripple anyway in new home taxes .

Incorrect there random. $4000 will be available to first home buyers buying newly constructed properties in regional areas, taking their total entitlement to $26,500.

Here's one from the age:
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/first-home-buyers-bonus-slashed-20100504-u6c4.html

I love this line from the RIEV:
The state government’s decision to slash the $2000 first-home bonus for existing dwellings is a disappointment, the Real Estate Institute of Victoria says.

Why a disappointment? Is it because it also slashes your cut of the grant? :cool:

Not an agent myself but it is disappointing, we have the worst conditions for first home buyers in the country, surging prices, the highest stamp duty and the lowest first home buyers concessions. In other states they don't give the $2k but no stamp duty upto a limit. In Victoria they give a massive $2k yet charge on a $400k purchase $17,500 stamp duty.

They will have to do something about this for FHOG in Vic or political suicide but they are on a stamp duty feeding frenzy, the stats on stamp duty raised in 2004 compared to 2009 would be interesting.

Back