Victoria Houses

Sorry don't know Vic that well , but I want an investment property there.

I think there is huge potential there.

Looking for house 10 - 15 km from CBD that are character homes. I like

bungalows. Price Range 400k - 550k. Areas that have biggish blocks say

500m2 and over. Close to shops , etc etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction ie suburbs.

Regards

AK

I prefer the south eastern and bayside suburbs though you are going to struggle in that price range to hit the criteria you are looking for.

Perhaps North East is worth a look- Rosanna, Heidelberg, etc. It is the distance that you are looking for and in the ballpark in terms of dollars.

Personally I don't like the western suburbs

Looking for house 10 - 15 km from CBD that are character homes. I like

bungalows. Price Range 400k - 550k. Areas that have biggish blocks say

500m2 and over. Close to shops , etc etc.

Possible areas, starting from west:

Yarraville (above budget?)
Sunshine/Albion (rough reputation but pockets have older homes)
Footscray West (bit closer in than suggested)
Coburg
Reservoir

Then as you work your way around to the east (and better tree cover) prices get dearer so for that budget you may need to buy 20-30km out not 10-15km out.

But down south down to maybe Carrum or Seaford you might find some houses in bayside suburbs within that budget (eg a Californian bungalow or weatherboard on the inland side of the tracks).

Budget is flexible from my end

Just going to check out the rental returns for your suggestions.

Did a quick search on realestate.com.au

the houses are just the sort I am looking for,

thanks for the tips, just beginning my research into Victoria so I appreciate

the suburb tips.

I am more than happy to provide my non expert thoughts of SA Housing

fairly familiar with Northern and Western Suburbs SA

Regards and Thanks. By the way I am looking for my third IP currently.

Itching to buy.

AK

Article in News re Population

http://www.theage.com.au/national/p...ourne-rockets-to-4-million-20090423-agt5.html

MELBOURNE'S population is growing on a scale not seen in Australia before, swelling by almost 150,000 people in two years — mostly on the city fringe.

Bureau of Statistics figures show the city is on track to have 4 million people by the end of this year, after its population growth increased to an annual rate of 2 per cent.

The bureau estimates that Melbourne's population grew by 74,713 in the year to last June and, on revised figures, by 74,791 the year before that.

This means the population is growing by more than 200 people a day, or almost 1500 a week.

Melbourne's population growth last year far outpaced all other major Australian cities. Sydney's population grew by 55,047 or 1.3 per cent, Brisbane by 43,404 (2.3 per cent) and Perth by 43,381 (2.8 per cent).

The label of Australia's fastest-growing city might once have been one for which Melbourne yearned but these days it could be more of a burden for Premier John Brumby and his Government, adding to overcrowded trains, congested roads, housing prices, housing shortages and delays in hospital treatment.

Oh give me a break. The journalists always put that line in there so people on a property forum can justify their property purchases. Housing shortage where? It's more like a case of favourable investment property tax treatment combined with the national psyche for buying properties. I'm sure that there are lots of housing oversupply, it just depends on where you are. Inner city, yes housing shortage. outer suburbs like boronia etc? maybe not.

Sorry Mate,

Main point of my post was get some insight from locals on the suburbs

that have the Character houses and are sort of close to the city.

I like houses not too far from the CBD.

Regards

Arthur

Then check the areas Spiderman suggested.

I think the point of posters here is that your preference is going to cost you about double your budget in the distance from CBD you are quoting.

Oh give me a break. The journalists always put that line in there so people on a property forum can justify their property purchases. Housing shortage where? It's more like a case of favourable investment property tax treatment combined with the national psyche for buying properties. I'm sure that there are lots of housing oversupply, it just depends on where you are. Inner city, yes housing shortage. outer suburbs like boronia etc? maybe not.

Ok great, so prices are going down. Excellent, maybe then i can buy something.:p

Back