Victorian Property Investment Club

Hi all,

Although I joined a while back, it is only recently that I started visiting Somersoft more often, and nowadays I am almost on every day reading.

That can give you an indication to my type of personality, which is the observer type. I learned much about the friendly culture and knowledge Somersoft provides, which makes me want to contribute as well.

As an introduction I'll start off with some quick history. I currently work in construction, mainly commercial and apartments, but live and breathe property. I used to own 2 properties overseas, one I sold after a year and another got dragged into a bad deal and I was basically bulldozed out of it with no profit, and luckily no loss either. I moved to Australia about 9 years ago and basically grew up here.

I learnt a lot from the limited experience I had in the property game overseas, and I came to realise a while back that the Australian property market is completely different to what I am used to. In saying that, I know the In's and Out's of property investment and development as I am involved in it as a part of my job on a day to day basis.

As a part of my role within the construction industry I get to interact with many developers that don't share the same drive/attitude/motivation as some people have in common here on the forums and I really admire many of you for being so proactive!

Unfortunately I don't get to interact with many people who share the same passion and drive I have towards property investment/development.

Essentially I am wondering whether there are like-minded people from Victoria who wish to help form a Property Investment Club, where we can all meet on a regular basis to share experiences, form alliances, network and even form joint ventures where viable.

I would love to hear your thoughts,

Sincerely,
Daniel.

Essentially I am wondering whether there are like-minded people from Victoria who wish to help form a Property Investment Club, where we can all meet on a regular basis to share experiences, form alliances, network and even form joint ventures where viable.

A group of us already meet on the first Tuesday of every month, pretty much for this purpose. The meeting locations are announced in the Meeting Point forum about a week prior.

Except..... it may be the first week of March this time around instead of the last week of Feb... :eek: Stay tuned....

The Y-man

I'm also a newbie...hi all. Long time listener, first time poster! I hope to make it to the next scheduled VIP Club (thanks for scheduling Y-Man, whenever it may occur).

I'm hoping to make my first leap into property this year, so looking forward to getting to know other people's stories and learning as much as I can...and hopefully buying everyone a few cocktails in return! :D

Where are these meetings generally held?

Are we talking CBD or in the burbs somewhere?

In the Eastern burbs for the following reasons:
  • I hate going into the city from work - especially as I am a tightwad and don't want to pay for parking
  • I am lazy and only select places that are in the general path between work and home :D

Having said that, I will certainly endeavour this year to hold at least one meet up closer into town, or even "over the other side" :eek:

The Y-man

In the Eastern burbs for the following reasons:
  • I hate going into the city from work - especially as I am a tightwad and don't want to pay for parking
  • I am lazy and only select places that are in the general path between work and home :D

Having said that, I will certainly endeavour this year to hold at least one meet up closer into town, or even "over the other side" :eek:

The Y-man

I like the sound of that... VIP Club... We came up with something here! :D

So when is the next one? Y Man I can help you organise if necessary.

I agree with you Daniel.

I was listening to Tony Robbins today, and he mentioned something around the lines of, "you become similar to your peers, and hence choose your peers wisely."
:eek: Maybe it's time I should re-consider some of mi friends.

Will definately try to make to the next meeting.

Back