Victorian sales data

Hi,

I am just in the process of researching a place for my wife and I. I'm keen to carry out background research so that we aren't rolling up to properties completely green. By my nature I'm a cynical person, so I trust selling agents about as much as I trust used car salesmen. I figure they will tell you whatever price they think they can bled out of you.

Is it worth purchasing sales data from a provider like myRPdata? We live in Melbourne and are looking bayside. I haven't paid for any data from this (or any other firm) but from what I can see due to Victorian privacy law I can't see the data being of any value (no pictures, no address).

How do most people research suburbs to get a basic valuation idea?

I.

Residex and RP Data reports are still useful, even if sales prices aren't always disclosed. These reports usually do know what the sales results are, they're just not allowed to publish them.

We provide Residex reports to clients for free.

Residex and RP Data reports are still useful, even if sales prices aren't always disclosed. These reports usually do know what the sales results are, they're just not allowed to publish them.

We provide Residex reports to clients for free.

In that case are there any chance to find out how much is the property was sold if the price is not disclosed?

Hi Malau,
If you really want to know the sale price of a particular property and it wasnt disclosed on Rpdata etc, you can do a title search, find the transfer number and then request a copy of the transfer which shows the sale price. You can also sometimes find out approx how much the mortgage is worth by checking the stamped amount on the mortgage. Can help in negociations at times. Obviously there are search costs involved and you'd likely get better info by looking at comparables suburb wide. RPdata gives you that. Cheers Tex

Back