video of a perfect tenant

a

the bathroom was modern art.

edit - proof you should do regular inspections, even for a long term well paying client.

Last edited:
Atrocious!

Can't beleive some of the comments below the video bagging the landlord, because he evicted the tenant because she was a month late in rent! :eek:

Let alone the state of the property, prooves how much people beleive they are entitled to a property and don't have to earn it. :mad:

proves how much people believe they are entitled to a property and don't have to earn it. :mad:

The "demand" list of 'basic human rights' just gets longer if you live in a 1st world country....

Where I used to live in a 3rd world country, the demand list simply included ;

• Not being shot at
  • Clean air
  • Any form of water
  • Rice or bread

Back in Oz nowadays, the list appears to be ;

• A comfy place to live in a nice suburb in a capital city
  • Ipad with full and fast connectivity
  • Shopping 24hrs
  • New transportation
  • Coffees and dine out at will
  • Tertiary education, with a job waiting at the end
  • ....and a boss who doesn't interfere with your busy social schedule

Atrocious!

Can't beleive some of the comments below the video bagging the landlord, because he evicted the tenant because she was a month late in rent! :eek:

Let alone the state of the property, prooves how much people beleive they are entitled to a property and don't have to earn it. :mad:

Spot on Lil,

Those comments must be assumed to have come from other tenants. We need to remind tenants that it is a business...... nothing more.... nothing less.

If she actually owned the property, had a mortgage on it and lost her job, do you think the nice big old banks would say......"Oh, don't worry darl, you can stay there for another couple of months until you sort your life out again'

F

The "demand" list of 'basic human rights' just gets longer if you live in a 1st world country....

Where I used to live in a 3rd world country, the demand list simply included ;

• Not being shot at
  • Clean air
  • Any form of water
  • Rice or bread

Back in Oz nowadays, the list appears to be ;

• A comfy place to live in a nice suburb in a capital city
  • Ipad with full and fast connectivity
  • Shopping 24hrs
  • New transportation
  • Coffees and dine out at will
  • Tertiary education, with a job waiting at the end
  • ....and a boss who doesn't interfere with your busy social schedule

Yep it's all relative
And we're that shallow.

I also keep remembering a post where you said something like we insist on doing business in this space where the other party doesn't want to do business ? Well, not you

I wouldn't bother reading any of the comments on that website though or getting too outraged at them. The average demographic would be 13 - 17 year olds from the USA, who enjoy posting outrageous comments just to get a reaction...

How would you even begin to clean that up. Get a skip, shovel & wheelbarrow? Would the tip accept a skip half full of $h!t?

And I thought the rubbish that had to be removed on behalf of my ex-tenant was bad.

How would you even begin to clean that up. Get a skip, shovel & wheelbarrow? Would the tip accept a skip half full of $h!t?

And I thought the rubbish that had to be removed on behalf of my ex-tenant was bad.

Don't know

Like probably most of do;t know how to deal with extreme wierd stuff like that

This is not a normal person

This is someone with a mental illness. The show "Hoarders" covers this stuff. Hard to watch but hard to look away.

I have a friend who is halfway there. I find it very difficult to be in her house, or in her yard. She knows she has a problem, but will not (or can not) change. Sad.

This is someone with a mental illness. The show "Hoarders" covers this stuff. Hard to watch but hard to look away.

I have a friend who is halfway there. I find it very difficult to be in her house, or in her yard. She knows she has a problem, but will not (or can not) change. Sad.

IT would seem to be the " cannot making her "not want to"..

In any case, it's not a person being irresponsible

I can understand basic comments about people being surpised she was evicted - in a country where payments are by the month, it can sound like a landlord evicting someone on Tuesday for not paying Monday, which we know by the rules of the RTA we can't do and most Aussies would be surprised too..

IT would seem to be the " cannot making her "not want to"..

In any case, it's not a person being irresponsible

I'm not sure what your first sentence means?

After watching enough episodes of Hoarders, it is very clear that this is not something in the control of the hoarder. It is a serious mental illness and nothing to be laughed about or criticised really. Not many episodes end well. Most cannot let go. I find it very sad but extremely interesting. I want to yell into the TV "just throw it OUT!" and that is what friends and family also try to do. The psychologists involved must go home and tear their hair out, but they are very calm and controlled whilst with the hoarder.

My friend, however, is not that far gone, recognises she has a problem but will not accept my offer to come around and help. It is a very touchy subject. She has, however, decided to try to clean up her act and asked a life coach type person to help her organise her life.

In the Hoarders show, some people turn to this hoarding in response to a death, a loss or something else in their past. It is not about hoarding. Hoarding is a symptom of a deeper problem.

I feel really sorry for the tenant who seemingly doesn't have enough close relationships who are aware of how far they've sunk to help them out of that emotional and physical mess, and I also feel sorry for the landlord having to walk through that and breathe that in!

Reminds me of a thread that did the rounds 5odd years back of photos from a similar situation - dirty pads in the bathroom, ciggarettes pilled up on the lounge arm rests in mounds... you can imagine what a health hazard it would cause.

Although I did wonder why the tenant would have left behind so much stuff (clothes, TV etc..)?

I'm not sure what your first sentence means?

After watching enough episodes of Hoarders, it is very clear that this is not something in the control of the hoarder. It is a serious mental illness and nothing to be laughed about or criticised really. Not many episodes end well. Most cannot let go. I find it very sad but extremely interesting. I want to yell into the TV "just throw it OUT!" and that is what friends and family also try to do. The psychologists involved must go home and tear their hair out, but they are very calm and controlled whilst with the hoarder.

My friend, however, is not that far gone, recognises she has a problem but will not accept my offer to come around and help. It is a very touchy subject. She has, however, decided to try to clean up her act and asked a life coach type person to help her organise her life.

In the Hoarders show, some people turn to this hoarding in response to a death, a loss or something else in their past. It is not about hoarding. Hoarding is a symptom of a deeper problem.

IT was a response to your post where you used the same words I put in quotes in my post-

Originally Posted by wylie

I was trying to suggest that I think
it's the depressions making her not "want to" change.

Hope your explanation about the seriousness and hence that it's not a laughing matter wasn't directed to me *** a result of anything I said, I certainly do agree with you.

I feel really sorry for the tenant who seemingly doesn't have enough close relationships who are aware of how far they've sunk to help them out of that emotional and physical mess, and I also feel sorry for the landlord having to walk through that and breathe that in!

Reminds me of a thread that did the rounds 5odd years back of photos from a similar situation - dirty pads in the bathroom, ciggarettes pilled up on the lounge arm rests in mounds... you can imagine what a health hazard it would cause.

Although I did wonder why the tenant would have left behind so much stuff (clothes, TV etc..)?

Probably a million & one reasons...probably a bit to do with the depression (not acting / thinking clearly) / a bit to do with real life problems (don't have anywhere to actually go,/ no room where they are going - God knows).

I was trying to suggest that I think
it's the depressions making her not "want to" change.

Hope your explanation about the seriousness and hence that it's not a laughing matter wasn't directed to me *** a result of anything I said, I certainly do agree with you.

Actually, I don't think this lady is depressed. She is opinionated and stubborn, but not depressed. Just cannot seem to throw anything out. Who needs 20 pairs of black trousers, 20 pairs of white etc.....

She has been heading this way for a long time, about ten years since she moved to this place. She now cannot fit her car in her two car garage because there is a two car sized pile of "stuff", including broken furniture, broken pots etc. She has had an outdoor table and chair set there, stacked up, for at least five years now. Broken pots that could be put in the bin, but aren't. It is heading for a serious hoarding issue, but I'm not her keeper.

And I wasn't aiming anything at you, but just didn't understand what your first sentence meant :).

Back