Vietnam

Hi guys

I have 3 nights spare in Vietnam next month and I'm keen to check out a coastal area.

Just looking for a nice resort where I can chill out for a few days and relax (it's a kid free holiday - yay!) - so far I'm tossing up between Phu Quoc, Nha Trang and Mui Ne.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Jamie

Da Nang is a very nice place to visit, where you can take a day trip to see Hoi An.

We stayed at this place 2 years a go and found it was superb! However price might be expensive this time of the year as it is kids' holiday and summer, so it will be very hot there.

My favourite destination for relaxation.

http://fusionmaiadanang.com/index.php

Ta

Anne

nha trang is not bad. Snorkelling trips are really cheap and water clarity is great. They have vinpearl resort/island which has an amusement park on it. There are a lot of cheaper, good quality hotels there for about $50 a night. The weather was really pleasant there.

Danang on the hand, I found way too hot (maybe just wrong time of yr) and they also have a vinpearl resort there (5-6 star for about $200 a night) Danang is short distance from Hoi An, which is a cute old town, feels like stepping back in time.

Only coastal town I've been to is Hoi An, absolutely loved it. Great little 'old' town, become quite touristy know but has managed to keep its charm. Great place to get suits and shirts made as well!

Thanks Starter and everyone else - I appreciate the help.

I think I'll head to Nha Trang - not that I'm much of a partier. Just seems like the best of both worlds - a nice beach scene with good resorts and a bit of city life.

Now to decide whether to fly or catch the train from Saigon - I quite like train trips but don't have a lot of time.

Cheers

Jamie

Just fly IMO. No point spending the better part of a day on the train when you can sit on the beach instead. Let me know if you want a beer in Saigon too, I travel a bit for work but if available be good to see a fellow somersoftian (is that the term?).

Let me know if you want a beer in Saigon too, I travel a bit for work but if available be good to see a fellow somersoftian (is that the term?).

Cool - sounds good. I like beer.

I won't be the only somersoftian heading over there either :) Might have enough for a mini Saigon meet up.

Cheers

Jamie

Back