Views + Contracts = Results?

Hi all

Am in the process of selling our PPOR in the southern suburbs of Sydney. It's going for auction and we are in week 3 of the campaign.

Just wondering from others with more experience at this than me is does the number of people viewing at the open house (and/or possibly second or third viewers) and/or number of views on realestate.com.au or domain.com.au and issuing of lots of contracts give any indication as to whether there will be a strong result at auction?

Has anyone ever had a large turnout at open houses and lots of views on the websites and not had a good result at auction? I'm talking about in current Sydney market or similar.

Of course I know that past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future performance so now that we've got that disclaimer out of the way I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thank you
vtt

Last edited:
# contracts out there has little correlation.

# of repeat inspections, good indicator
# of P&B, even better
# of registered bidders best

The agent should have a fair idea a few days out if they should pull the auction due to lack of interest or only interest from 2/3 parties sufficient to hold a silent auction or best offers prior tactic.

Think of a sales funnel

The more people viewing online will lead to more people inspecting, which will leads to more people doing 2nd/3rd inspection which then goes to more B&P and then more registered bidders and finally a buyer.

You have less viewers it will result in less inspections and less bidders.

If you have 1 person view the place it makes it very difficult to sell if you have 1,000 people view the place you might have 5 bidders and makes it much easier to sell.

Note not saying you need 1,000 viewers to make a sale...

Back