Vinyl Laminate Click Floorboards?

Hello I am looking at putting some new flooring in a kitchen/dining area that has old lino.

I was reading a post from Sue78 where she used click together click together Vinyl Laminate boards, but no name or store was provided that I could find.

I was wondering if they are something like, or if anyone has used,

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/dezign-lavender-laminate-flooring.html

Sue78 notes that they lasted well in one of her IPs. I am concerned about the possibility of water damage.

Advice or other options appreciated.

My sister-in-law has these in her house. They have lasted really well over the 10-12 years they have been down BUT I don't like them because they sound "hollow" They kind of echo when you walk on them because of the "floating"aspect.

Try and find someone who has them and see what you think for yourself. Maybe ring a few installers and ask for customers that might be happy to talk to you.

I've just layed Harvey Norman Allurlock flooring in my laundry. I put them over the existing lino and am very pleased with the result. Feel great under foot and no hollow noise here.

can i ask why does everyone like the wood floor board look?
im not a fan myself i like tiles and carpet, also my floorboards under the carpet squeak so for anyone that polishes floorboards thats another problem

Bman, I think it's just what ever you like, much like many other things like cars. the fake boards appear to be easy to lay, no glue, and hard wearing.

The dezign ones at harvey norman have cheap wood backing I discovered, not good with water.

Dylan did you get the self glue boards or the "click" ones? I saw both today.

Floating laminate flooring is great for IPs... Wears well and looks good.

Glue the joints with waterproof glue in wet areas to prevent water damage.

Thanks for the feed back. I ended up getting self adhesive vinyl laminate boards from bunnings about 18 a sq m ... very easy to lay for me with no experience and I've had positive comments on the results. Be interesting to see how they wear.

Thanks for the feed back. I ended up getting self adhesive vinyl laminate boards from bunnings about 18 a sq m ... very easy to lay for me with no experience and I've had positive comments on the results. Be interesting to see how they wear.

make sure no dog sicks up on them so that u dont find it for an hour or so.
hurts the joins no end:(

that is all i will say about mine which i love because they are pale and cream/grey pretend distressed look whatever.

Laminate Flooring

These are great for commercial and high traffic areas, but they do not respond well in wet areas.
Even though they have a HMR (High Moisture Resistant) substrate, they still are affected by excessive water.
Glueing the joins will not help, and may actually be a negative, as they are designed to be able to expand and contract as required with the variations in climate.

Choose carefully, and remember the old saying, you get what you pay for is especially true in these circumstances.

German and Canadian sourced Laminates flooring are good quality and easier to install, where as the Chinese sourced product are a lot harder to install

Prime example- I can lay 150-200 Sq'm of quality Quick Step, or Formica board in a day - Commercial
The same area would take 2-4 days using Chinese boards.

Remember in multi residential, you MUST install an approved Acoustic underlay, as explained in

soundproof-floors.com.au

Back