Vision Boards & Visions

Hi All,

Been reading Ace in the Hole's thread and in general thinking about visioning/setting goals in all areas of life to achieve them.

I created a vision board in 2012 and would you believe most if not all I stuck on there and that came from internal desire to achieve came true. Even though at some visions at the time it would be said I was a bit silly to be setting those. But fast forward 30 odd months, I'm in process of materialising those visions. Same with the portfolio building, it came down to the T.

My vision board had since been gathering dust. So over the weekend I went back to my vision board and stuck personal, professional and financial goals. I do need to spruce it up a bit more as by nature (and upbringing) I end up focusing more on professional & financial goals. I need to add things like 'holidays' to my personal visions. I've also got year on year what I intend for my portfolio to be worth over the next 5 years or so, as well as the income I'm expecting from the portfolio etc.

I reckon, when we see it enough, we start believing in our visions and they become so ingrained in us/our sub conscious, it's hard to not get it. Similarly, hate to say this, the same would apply to negatives in life. What we enforce becomes our reality.

I have read on the forum that people have often surpassed their goals...so have you tried vision boards with some/all your visions/dreams on it?

What have you tried to ensure you keep reinforcing your vision (and keep the negative pitfalls out of the way)?

May be this should go under Investor Psychology, but I'm hoping I'd hear a few responses here.

Thanks
MsAli

I have had them on and off over the years. I vividly remember posting a picture of a gentleman at a ball with two gorgeous ladies in his arms. Shortly after, I was unexpectedly invited to a ball where I met two lovely ladies and had my picture taken with them. The picture was almost identical to my board.

Sadly, the picture of me in the Ferrari 458 has yet to materialise.

I had a picture of business class flight in my vision board years ago when I was a poor student.
After a couple of months, the actual flight I was going to use was cancelled. They assigned new plane and tadah, I was reseated on exact business class seat, right on the same side of the picture I put on the vision board. That was aha moment

Haven't got a vision board for a long time, but I come to know that when you said you "want" something you'll eventually on the way to get there.

vision board you are talking about, is it a REAL board at your place?

mine is plonked around town everywhere, "MERITON"

Mine used to be a real foam board in my room, with pictures here and there. Now it's in my head
LOL, explain your Meriton board please

vision board you are talking about, is it a REAL board at your place?

mine is plonked around town everywhere, "MERITON"

Yes a real board. That sounds good...."Meriton" - I bet that's inspirational

Action is important. When people have grand plans and no focus/action then it's a worry.

:) i think vision boards are quite personal..But check these out

Keen to know if they have worked for people...

interesting... big giant scrapbook on a wall... with meaning to it..

i never fancy a luxury sports car, Mcmansion house etc..

but i need money to make money.. joy of making money makes me do it again and again..

interesting... big giant scrapbook on a wall... with meaning to it..

i never fancy a luxury sports car, Mcmansion house etc..

but i need money to make money.. joy of making money makes me do it again and again..

Can be related to any area of your life - personal, health, spiritual etc. Doesn't need to be financially focused.

We started with this idea just over a year ago too, so far we like it. We have a general 'poster' with images of the things we see in our life at later stages.. Could be 1,2,5 or 10 years away. From that we have written down annual goals that will help us get to those 'images' in several categories - health and lifestyle, relationships, personal development, work and location, wealth and property. We also write down goals each 3 months to help us stay focused for the annual goal.

FYI I have images of a veggie garden, perfect waves, fender stratocaster and a dog. My wife has wine, seafood, shoes and clothes. Of course there are some larger times on there too. Funnily enough, my wife enjoys those 4 things quite regularly already :)

Back