Vote

Uhmmm nah, I get your sic joke but it's not appropriate in context with the facts about Peter Costello and his leaving of politics. Sad day really, he should still be PM.

I turned off the ABC at 7:30 to watch SBS in Budapest and Vienna. It already looks like Labor has won and by 6:30 it looked like Mr Newman would get first hand experience at knowing what it is like to get sacked from your job.

Can you see the smirk on my face?

I do think it's a huge mistake again Labor getting voted back.

Back to 2007 again! This time it's Part 2 (The Sequel!) Let's see how Labor brings us deeper into debt and how they switch leaders twice, AGAIN!

Uhmmm nah, I get your sic joke but it's not appropriate in context with the facts about Peter Costello and his leaving of politics. Sad day really, he should still be PM.

I agree, Costello should be PM.

I dread the day to see Australia have a PM called Shorten.

Pauline Hanson....she had the balls (but not the nous) to say what the majority of the country was thinking.. Until the heavy weights saw she was a threat and rail roaded her.

You really think that simpleton was saying what the majority of people were thinking?

Back to 2007 again! This time it's Part 2 (The Sequel!) Let's see how Labor brings us deeper into debt and how they switch leaders twice, AGAIN!

I dread the day to see Australia have a PM called Shorten.

Said it before and will say it again;

Short memories.

Was Australia asleep for the last 7 or so years?

Thanks Bayview.
I just missed your post prior to voting, but I caught up with my old man who gave me the lowdown.
Funnily enough I got pressured more to buy drinks/hotdogs after the vote than the actual spruikers outside.

at the moment it's libs who are on the verge of leader switching.

what are you gonna say once that happens, huh?

Whether or not they change leaders is a side issue in my mind, it will take a generation to clean up the balance sheet left by Rudd and co.
Turnbull should have been the leader but his turn will come at some stage hopefully

I heard it from more people than others who expressed otherwise over the years.

We'll have to agree to disagree but ultimately the fact that tone nation had a small % of a thr vote despite being the only redneck option at the time says enough about your majority claim imo.

She's an idiot with a following which is a dangerous combo

You really believe that over 50% of people in this country believed what she was saying?

Have a read of her policies at the time, even ignoring her outright xenophobic ones her policies on other issues showed everyone she was an idiot with no understanding, if more than 50% of the population agreed with her thats an impressive level of stupidity.

Ive met Pauline, shes a very nice person, not xenophobic at all.
She is considerate to all people, its the media who have pasted her up as what it is YOU see in her.

Go meet her, see what you think then.

She does stand for what a hell of a lot of people in the country would like to see but too afraid to ask for, for fear of the media (left) bullying.

Anyway, thats how I found her, a nice person. Brave.

She's considerate of all people? Really?

So when she made claims in her maiden speech (her words btw nothing twisted by the media) that:

- Asians come to australoa, form ghettos and refuse to assimilate
- Africans bring aids into australia,"would you be happ if your daughter got aids" or something ridiculous like that
- we need to rediscover our Anglo celtic roots
- all kinds of stuff about aboriginals
-nnaturally some anti muslim stuff which she of course is ramping up now

Does the above sound like the words of someone considerate of all people ? Honest question. This is not opinion I've got through the media but from reading her own words

She was also anti trade, wanted to be more protectionist and wanted to cut down international trade.

I repeat, she was someone who claimed to be pro farmers bUT wanted to cut down on international trade, what would that do to wheat, dairy, sheep and cattle farmers? It would destroy the industry overnight.

If I've missed something pls feel free to point it out and I'll retract something if it's incorrect but I believe everything I've said here is a factual.

Someone who is considerate of everyone would not say the things she did.

She might have been nice when you met her but her rhetoric over the years means it's unlikely she's s nice person (or a good politician)

You really believe that over 50% of people in this country believed what she was saying?

I think you have the wrong end of the stick.

I said she had the balls to speak what they were thinking but not the nous...

I didnt say they believe everything she was saying.

So when she made claims in her maiden speech (her words btw nothing twisted by the media) that:

- Asians come to australoa, form ghettos and refuse to assimilate
- Africans bring aids into australia,"would you be happ if your daughter got aids" or something ridiculous like that
- we need to rediscover our Anglo celtic roots
- all kinds of stuff about aboriginals
-nnaturally some anti muslim stuff which she of course is ramping up now

Does the above sound like the words of someone considerate of all people ? Honest question. This is not opinion I've got through the media but from reading her own words

She was also anti trade, wanted to be more protectionist and wanted to cut down international trade.

I repeat, she was someone who claimed to be pro farmers bUT wanted to cut down on international trade, what would that do to wheat, dairy, sheep and cattle farmers? It would destroy the industry overnight.

If I've missed something pls feel free to point it out and I'll retract something if it's incorrect but I believe everything I've said here is a factual.

Someone who is considerate of everyone would not say the things she did.

She might have been nice when you met her but her rhetoric over the years means it's unlikely she's s nice person (or a good politician)

So who in your mind is nice and the right person to lead the nation?

You?:rolleyes:

sanj, what you need to understand is that people like her don't appeal to the lowest common demominator, they scrape the bottom of the barrel. They appeal to those that can't think for themselves, that blame their shortcomings on anyone that doesn't look like or think like they do.

So who in your mind is nice and the right person to lead the nation?

You?:rolleyes:
did i say i was?

thanks for not bothering to at the very least respond to some of the points i raised, like i said my points were based on her actual policies/content of her speeches but id happily retract if you can show otherwise.

youre the one saying she is considerate of all people but the evidence seems to say otherwise.

out of curiosity are you saying she is the right person to lead the nation?

I think you have the wrong end of the stick.

I said she had the balls to speak what they were thinking but not the nous...

I didnt say they believe everything she was saying.

and again, i genuinely refuse to believe that her views echoed over 50% of the population's views or what they were thinking.

i genuinely dont believe that.

think about it, over half the people believing that asians only come here and live in ghettos (while stealing jobs - interesting combo of living in ghettos and stealing jobs; that africans will bring aids in; that multiculturalism is bad and australia needs to go back to its anglo celtic roots; that we need more protectionism and less foreign trade; that population growth should be capped etc

do you genuinely feel the majority of australians felt the same? i worry about this country if thats the case but like i said i dont believe it to be

sanj, what you need to understand is that people like her don't appeal to the lowest common demominator, they scrape the bottom of the barrel. They appeal to those that can't think for themselves, that blame their shortcomings on anyone that doesn't look like or think like they do.

true, the same kind of simpletons boycotting halal food atm and passing off ludicrous nonsense as fact atm.

some simpletons on one of the anti halal facebook pages were trying to claim halal certification fees were $10bn in australia alone despite everything pointing to that being mathematically impossible. And this is the admin of a page with 60k followers most of whom seem to have flunked high school based on their spelling and by the sounds of it unable to do a single bit of fact checking.

Back