Vuvuzela's at the World Cup

Just got the Netherlands - Denmark game on. Is it me or is there a swarm of a billion Bee's watching the game too?

I bet you can't hear yourself think there, i mean i'm all for a bit of hearty cheer, but continuous drone.....

Must annoy the crap out of the players....

Someones making a killing selling them however. :rolleyes:

Anyone else find them slightly annoying after a while?

I'm thinking about sticking one on my car, and hooking up an an air horn compressor to it, to replace the inadequate standard setup.

They are f.....g annoying. I watched a couple of the games with the sound down and the radio on.

I am assuming they are made out of plastic? More exports for China....

I recall watching what was called the Toyota World Club Championship when it was (still is? :confused:) played in Japan. They had similar noises coming from the spectators. Not usre what is was. That was also annoying.

Maybe I am getting too grumpy as I get older.

well, it would only be played with one, single, freaken annoying, loud note.

... and would be exceedingly ghey.

Vuvuzelas are awful.

yeah it's not like they're trumpets or anything. little quips like the south american games are cool, but just the blaring of one horn is daft.

yeah, the one horn is gay enough.... but get half a stadium full of these farken things and you have the aural ar5e hole of the world.

P.S. Vuvuzelas suck balls.

The first game I watched I said "what the hell is that buzzing noise"? And it ruined the game for me. I would HATE to be actually in the crowd with all those around me. How did they become the 'must have' noise maker for these games? Is that all that is on sale? Or all that is allowed? There's obviously been heaps of complaints because I have seen a headline saying the horns won't be banned. I suppose they wouldn't make a headline of it if the subject hadn't been raised.

So if Oz ever hosts this event what should our noise maker be? Beer carton drumming? Thong slapping? (Um, the rubber foot thongs that is. :) )

They used to be good for basically yelling at the players to step things up, but yeah, way overused these days.

I'd love to see the look on Witzl's face, if he did something like change lanes without a headcheck, and then I let him know i'm there with a big 'bbbbrrrrrrrrr'

I think i'm gonna have to install that horn... actually, there's a business idea! Wouldn't that be cool? Hearing hundreds of vuvuzelas every morning and night throughout peak hour!

I haven't watched any of the games, but my Sth African colleague did warn me beforehand that it was their side's secret weapon, designed to put all the other teams off their game. Fair call, I say! That's the advantage of having the world cup on home ground.

Pen

Just got the Netherlands - Denmark game on. Is it me or is there a swarm of a billion Bee's watching the game too?

I bet you can't hear yourself think there, i mean i'm all for a bit of hearty cheer, but continuous drone.....

Must annoy the crap out of the players....

Someones making a killing selling them however. :rolleyes:

Anyone else find them slightly annoying after a while?

Firstly, what's with all these green, underlined links appearing throughout the forum?

It's bloody advertising, so get them off.

Back to those horns; I watched about 10 mins of the N v D game last night.

It bored me to tears, but it also annoyed the hell out of me listening to the swarm of bees constantly in the background.

Sorry; it is a total joke and thank god I've got AFL.....even if my team kicks 22 behinds in one game. :eek: :D

picture.php

Back