VW amarok or grand cherokee

So I took the Amarok Highline, the Subaru Outback and the Jeep Grand Cherokee for a test drive, as well as countless other vehicles (but these were the top three). These were all 2014.

Amarok - Great drive for a 4x4 ute. Good pickup and drives like a car. Really enjoyed the drive and would buy one, if I thought I wanted a ute. (At the time I thought I did)

Subaru Outback - OK car to drive. Bad pickup. The CVT was nice but not a massive selling point. Inside was good for the price. Outside was hideous. The plastic is a really poor choice Subaru.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 EcoDiesel - Awesome car to drive. Good pickup, went through the gears clean and fast. Inside and Exterior are amazing. Fell in love.

Will be picking up my Black JGC on Tuesday.

Looking forward to the coming adventures.

Sad Face!

Currently looking at getting some black number plates with white writing. Is it as simple as ordering the current alphanumeric on the plate you want, and then when delivered attaching it to your car and handing back the old plates?

I don't want to personalise or anything, just want to change the colour.

So you created a thread for advice and didn't take any of it on board?

If you read my original post it was between the two cars, not add additional cars. Also, it stated daily drive, not just Cape York.

So everyone's input, whilst I respect it, was not about the subject.

I hope you understand D.T.

New cars HD ACE?

Personally i would have gone a toyota landcruiser,even the oldies,the electronics on newer models are pathetic to work on.

Ps.Just to add,got a mate who has a wb v8 ute,easier to fix himself,he has multiple of talents of trades,,,He bought a new 4wd,he won't touch it,he get's the stupid thing serviced,go figure.

Yeah and with the newer models you got to have the model put through a lappy for
Anilous and or re-configged if ya wanna update it as well.Cost blowing and gouging at best.

it's a shame that falcadores are all but a distant memory, now we have to pay over the odds for other country's junk.

vw/merc/audi etc, crazy designs and full of fiddly gimmicks that are ok if you are in europe where it's cool, parts are cheaper and you chuck the cars out after 5 years anyway. over here you just buy for the badge

Toyota, completely over priced for what you get. the local stuff like the camrys are good value tho, so long as you don't mind looking like a water corp worker

jeep, not even the yanks are too keen on that brand, more popular here than there

Subaru, yawn

mazda, over designed leading to technical failures

Honda, depreciation nightmare. rarely seen without a tissue box on the parcel shelf (so convenient when cruising the freeways on your mobile phone)

doesn't leave a lot. Mitsu and Hyundai/kia warranties are desirable and the cars are reportedly good.

a friend has one of those Porsche 4wds, a couple of years ago when she bought it new she was going on about how great it was and she could never part with it. a month ago walked into a Toyota dealership and said they want to walk out with the keys to a prado there and then. seems the $15k annual servicing costs and constant breakdowns tookthe shine off it!

Good post Ausprop!My sentiments as well...Id rather stick with the VN commy,i was caned by a VN ss when i had a VT.That said a VT has a trustworthy L67,though i;m aiming for a vz ssv ute, :p...Btw My mate has a stroker in a VN,i'm waiting to take the seat :p

The cayenne was always a vw in diff clothing.

A true Porsche is a well built well engineered car that you can take to track one day and drive to church on Sunday.

I have a few clients with various types and ages of 911 ilk from widow maker turbo to gt3s and while not being fixed price service corolla, they aren't silly money.

Ta

Rolf

jeep, not even the yanks are too keen on that brand, more popular here than there

Seem pretty popular to me:

Chrysler said Wednesday that it delivered 198,379 vehicles in August, a 20% increase over the 165,552 units delivered in August 2013 and its best sales for the month of August since 2002. The Jeep was Chrysler?s most popular brand, recording a 49% increase in sales, continuing a year-long surge: the company said that Jeep sales have set a new record each month of 2014. Chrysler?s Ram Truck, too, had a good month, posting a 39% increase in sales, the brand?s best month in nearly 10 years.

Back