WA Book Keeper

Hi All

Could someone please give me a recommendation for a book keeper, preferably experienced with property investing book keeping (of course).

My friend lives near Bunbury but he'll travel to find a good one. Thanks.

Cheers, Paul

I was looking for one earlier this year and was surprised how hard they are to find and how much they charge. Most were around $50-60/hr and availabe for 3 hrs on a Tuesday and 1 hr on a Friday morning

Lofty and Ausprop, what tasks would they be doing? Would it all be computerised? I'm obviously too far away, but thinking about getting into that type of work as I want a job for about one day a week.

Thanks, will look into further. :) I haven't worked in accounts since GST and BAS were introduced, I just googled and it's very basic. It looks like most people use MYOB.

Just make sure that if you are involved in the preparation of BAS returns that you are registered with the Tax Practitioners Board.

http://www.tpb.gov.au/

The laws have changed dramatically and you must meet certain criteria and have appropriate qualifications to provide these services for a fee. The penalties for not complying are between $5,500 to $137,500 for each offence. Not something pretty.

From 1 July you will also need to hold minimum professional indemnity insurance requirements.

This is why it is hard to find a bookkeeper now that complies with the law. And the rates have jumped because of all the extra compliance.

Thanks Mike and all. I didn't get my WA book keeper but thanks for the heads up regarding the Tax Practitioners Board.

Cheers, Paul

Hi,
I've used the business below for typing, but their main business is book-keeping. They were very efficient for the typing services. we faxed across hand written notes, in wrong order and they typed them up, put them in correct order/ format etc. very fast and accurate. According to their website, they are registered with Tax Practitioners board.
cheers
Pen

http://www.girlfridayoffice.com.au/

Back