WA property managers rental help

My daughter and her boyfriend rent a unit through the owners, they pay way too much rent and were enticed by the owners paying x amount of utilities. Their lease is ending, they have given formal notice and the owner has told them they have now employed a PM to rent the unit. The PM (of which there have been several) has been holding two home opens per week, week nights, usually 5.15 to 5.45. This means my DD races home from work to be there.
She called me tonight, disgusted because one prospective turned up filthy, drinking a beer, and touched things. She said the PM whispered, sorry, to her, as they left. She then called me, crying, saying the owner telephoned, abused her, accused her of not presenting the unit appropriately and said no one had applied. Bias aside, my DD is much more fastidious than I, and has been inconvenienced by having these home opens twice a week for some weeks. The owner also told her to go out when these are held. I advised her to complain to the PM and she said she has no idea who they are, they do not wear a uniform or any insignia whatsoever. The market has obviously softened since they took out the lease, it is not in a desirable area and although new, is low spec and small, yet the owners still expect a high rent, I suspect this is why there are no applications. Any PM's out there with advice?

I have certainly advised her to do that, tomorrow, and also to ask the owner who exactly she has hired as PMs and that she would prefer to deal directly with them.

If she has given notice when does she move?

Hopefully it is soon and she can put it behind her.

Owner probably is living in delusion land

If she has given notice when does she move?

Hopefully it is soon and she can put it behind her.

Owner probably is living in delusion land

In WA, the tenancy any states that your daughter is not obliged to go out or even present the unit in a tidy manner for home opens.

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/atoms/files/tenantsguide.pdf

Page 18:
You have a right to be present during home opens and inspections by prospective tenants.

Tenants Rights during Home Open for sale or lease
The tenant has the right to remain on the premise during all inspections, including open home inspections and there is no legal requirement for them to turn off the television or stereo or tidy up the property. Once an agreed time/date that suits the tenants has been agreed i must issue a 'Form 19 -Notice of Intention to Enter Premises' to the tenant before entering the home The landlord or agent should not be bringing more people to an inspection, even on auction day, than they can properly supervise. It follows that the tenants have a right to object to 'open house' inspections if they think they will unreasonably infringe on their peace and quiet or put their possessions at risk. If tenants are unhappy they can apply to the Tribunal for a Restraining Order. They would have to convince the Tribunal that the risk of damage and/or the infringement of their quiet enjoyment was particularly unreasonable.

Thanks so much for that, I have cut and pasted the excerpt and advised her to send it straight to the owner. Westminster, the lease expires early August, they did ask the owners if they could renew on a monthly basis whilst they are waiting to move elsewhere, they refused and offered three months, I advised her to call their bluff and give notice which they have. Clearly, now they cannot attract any interest even at a reduced rental and have reacted very badly. I did hope that once it was obvious it would not be rented they would offer them a monthly tenancy but I think they are just better off out of it now. I have tried not to interfere as she needs to make her own mistakes, but this is a bit rich I think.

Back