WA Property Report - Highgate Units up 40% in 12 months

According to the latest WA Property Report in the Sunday Times Highgate Units have gone up 40% in the last 12 months.

Hopefully the 40% increase for Highgate units will flow on to the 1 beds and studios in Highgate too. I'm hoping it will ripple

I bought in Highgate in 2008. I very much doubt mine has gone up that much.
When I got it valued it was a conservative $260 K. But perhaps that was because there wern't any similar sales in the area at the time that the valuer could go on. The last sale was 8 months earlier. Perhaps if I were to get it revalued in 6 months time it would have gone up a bit

See attached pdf

Attachments

• Property Report Feb 7 2010.pdf
    169 KB · Views: 90
was i NOT saying to invest in Highgate?!?!?!?!? inner city is where it's at here now.

most of these figures are for 2bedders though.

still - good work :)

Kim this is my stomping ground too and I see value here when compared to nearby suburbs such as Mt Lawley, Northbridge, Leederville, West Perth, East Perth. However, there is some gentrification to go still. Still got the sex workers and other unsavoury types in the area but the crime doesn't seem as bad these days.

I do like Highgate and while I have not seen a 40% increase in unit prices, there is demand. The 40% increase would probably be due to sales of new stock in the area.

The only other issue is that some lenders wont go above 80% LVR on the 6003 postcode. Of course this can be rectified by choice of lender.

Highgate is a rather small suburb though so sample size may not be as high as for surrounding suburbs (therefore skewed results?)

Looked at a few units here last year but some were pretty scungy and many unsavoury types....

I think Highgate is a great area, but definately have to stay clear from various pockets. I walk my dogs Mt Lawley/Highgate border. Some of the parks attract many undesirables for their daily drinking sessions.

There's that new apartment block which has just gone up on the corner of Pier and Brewer. Directly next door is the most prominent brothel in the area. I wonder who bought there... OTP, sight unseen to east coast investors? :D

edit: just realised that'll be a 6000 postcode. pretty close to highgate though!

According to the latest WA Property Report in the Sunday Times Highgate Units have gone up 40% in the last 12 months.

Hopefully the 40% increase for Highgate units will flow on to the 1 beds and studios in Highgate too. I'm hoping it will ripple

I bought in Highgate in 2008. I very much doubt mine has gone up that much.
When I got it valued it was a conservative $260 K. But perhaps that was because there wern't any similar sales in the area at the time that the valuer could go on. The last sale was 8 months earlier. Perhaps if I were to get it revalued in 6 months time it would have gone up a bit

See attached pdf

When l read this article on the weekend l did think of you Kim5 and hoped it would put a smile on your dile:)
You did buy well regardless of what the media says
cheers
yadreamin

Back