WA "under offer"

When selling a house in Perth, you can have conditional sales such as subject to finance, subject to sale of another property, etc. If such an offer is accepted, does that lock out any other buyers? I'm thinking of an instance where a subject sale is made and someone else comes along with an unconditional offer.

EDIT: Thanks. Found this link: http://reiwa.com.au/faq/faqs/pages/QA.aspx?Qid=5077

If it operates the same as in Queensland, then yes - the seller is committed to selling to that buyer, but the buyer can withdraw from the contract if the "subject to" condition isn't fulfilled.

yes, that's right.
However, there is also a 24 hour clause, if the property is subject to sale of another property. Therefore if someone comes along with a cash offer, the original buyer has 24 hours to come up with the cash otherwise the original contract is cancelled. Pretty sure this is how it works??

yes, that's right.
However, there is also a 24 hour clause, if the property is subject to sale of another property. Therefore if someone comes along with a cash offer, the original buyer has 24 hours to come up with the cash otherwise the original contract is cancelled. Pretty sure this is how it works??

My understanding also.

yes, that's right.

Depends on the wording is my understanding...

48 hour clause

My understanding of this clause is that it must be in as a condition of the O & A at time of acceptance and cannot just be added on later at the whim of the vendor. I also understand that it is generally 48 hours in lieu of 24.

If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct.

Cheers.

Back