WAIP Weds 16th Sept - Perth Meeting

I've posted this on behalf of Jenny (jebro). For new attendees please send a private message to myself or jebro. All welcome, Linda

Our September Guest Speaker Jennie Brown

I am delighted to advise that the Guest Speaker or the September meeting is Jennie Brown. I first met Jennie several years ago and she impresses by her down to earth approach to life, her integrity and love for what she does. Jennie is from Brisbane and has been investing in Property for over 20 years. A woman of great experience who walks her talk and who has used many different strategies including development, subdivision, strata titling, Joint ventures and money partners, renovations and more! Jennie speaks at many events around Australia, she runs seminars, mentoring programs and did I mention she is an author too. Jennie will be presenting a 2 hour presentation on :

"Investing In Property Is A Waste Of Money ... Or Is It?"

Jennie says " One of the biggest questions I am being asked right now is “How Do I Make Money In Property In The Current Market?”

Another big question is … “What On Earth Is Going On?!?”

Many property investors have only ever invested in an up market. And we’ve been experiencing one of the biggest and longest up markets in history. So, what happens in a flat market, or even a down market?

Will the same strategies work to make you money? Where does the opportunity for the future lie? How do you set yourself up now to take advantage of what is happening in the market? What affects the market and makes it go up, down, or stay flat?

In this evening seminar, Jennie will be talking about what is happening right now (not 12 months ago) in the market, what the next 12 months and beyond hold for property investors, and why you need to review your property strategies as soon as you can:

• Whether you are thinking about getting into property for the first time; or
• Whether you just own your home; or
• Whether you are already investing doing renovations, using negative gearing, positive cashflow, developments and/or other strategies …

Because the next 12 months could be one of the best or the worst times to be in property.

Jennie will also reveal why she recently sold her own home (for over $1million) and why she will be renting for at least the next 6 months.

Is This for Me?
If you have an interest in property or you are already in the market, then this presentation is not to be missed.

These seminars are being held for you to capitalise on her knowledge and over 20 years of property investing experience - through good and bad times.

Now this event is being marketed through TWO other groups and there is limited seating available. WAIP members are also getting a special price of $20 to attend this event which is an absolute BARGAIN.

So, to book your seat you need to take action right NOW because once all the seats are booked that's it. Unlike other WAIP events it will not be possible to rock up on the night, hoping to get in.
All you have to do is send me an email stating your intention to come and that's it.

Once, I have received your email you will be sent details of WHERE the event is to be held.

I can tell you the event is on WEDNESDAY 16th Sept at 6.30pm for a 7pm start.

Cost $20 per person to be paid at the door.

It is going to be a fantastic night, so don't miss out on an excellent opportunity to hear from Jennie Brown.

You can check out her website at the bottom of the page. But don't book your seat through her site because you will pay a lot more!

www.JennieBrown.com.au

Venue for SEPT 16th WAIP meeting

VENUE for the WAIP Sept meeting with Jennie Brown will be 116, Edward St.
Perth:)

Did anyone attend this?
This is the first time I attended a WAIP meeting, I was interested in finding out more about Jennie Brown's strategies.

I must say I was very disappointed with the presentation. It turned out to be almost 2 hours of gloom and doom predictions and very little about her strategies.

It would have been interesting if she presented one of her deals in some sort of detail.

Cheers, MTR

Last edited:
Quite a few SS crew were there.

I got absolutely nothing out of it. Being in the second row, it was damn hard work not falling asleep.

2 hours of why the sky is going to fall in.....for those who didn't attend she predicted all residential property in all markets were going to drop between 40 and 50%, and then stay at those levels for at least 10 years throughout the "teens".

A D&G speaker talking exclusively about residential property.....my worst nightmare had come to fruition.

When she dragged me thru her childhood and her violent ex-husband, I was ready to up and leave.....but the seating arrangement had me politely trapped and I couldn't get out. Ahhhhh.

A practical example of any property deal would of been nice.....but alas....not to be.

The price of all of her training stuff ending in a 7 was downright insulting.

Bootcamp $ 997. Training module $ 697. A 10 minute phone call $ 97. etc etc

She added up 4 educational items she offered, making great fanfare of her maths skills, coming to a total of $ 2,538......then quickly scratched that out and said she was prepared to offer it for a low $ 597......then once again scratched that out and said as a one off deal just for tonight you can bring your partner along, effectively making it all for half price.....and then proceeded to write up $ 249. I'm looking for my bucket at this stage.

No-one seemed to realise, or were too polite to point out, her maths skills weren't that crash hot after all.

I took my sorry ar$e home on a cold wintery night back to a warm loungeroom and vowed that once again I had completely wasted my time on a "property guru" who has neither the experience nor the runs on the board to impress.

I shall only attend these events again when proper investors get up and talk about how they compiled their portfolio, without all of the experts selling garbage for a low low one off price of.....

Many in room however got an amazing amount out of the presentation and flocked to the back of the room to both sign up for future courses and purchase educational stuff, so what would I know.

Wht do you get for the money ? I thought you told us she thinks property is stuffed, what else is there to learn ?

A nice synopsis Dazz - I'm glad I couldn't make it this week then!

Sounds very similar to the reno expert presentation a few months back - "there is no money to be made in this market through buying and holding so you have to manufacture gains through renos using this system I can sell to you for $XXXX." "You can also join my inner sanctum for personal advice just a phone call away for $YYYY."

She had been in a couple of API articles so was therefore an "expert". Made some wild claims about how many properties she had reno'ed etc without substantiation so I was none the wiser... mind you she did give a couple of examples of real renos she had done which were plausible but I couldn't make her figures add up to achieve the gains claimed. My maths is obviously not up to scratch... :rolleyes:

The month after there was an interesting presentation on things to look out for in JVs (focussed around developments) from someone who had obviously seen a few so that was all good. Not selling anything was nice...

The problem is that the job of getting real, successful investors who aren't selling anything to talk about how they did it would be one of the most difficult ones around I reckon. Full credit to the organisers of these sessions to at least get a group of investors in one room!

I was part of a similar group in Hobart that worked well because it got discussion going by inviting experienced PMs, RE Agents, developers and investors in to talk about the nitty gritty of dealing with tenants as well as the state of the market etc. High profile agents could see the benefit of establishing networks with investors in their area (although Hobart is a bit different to Perth in mainly being "one big area" rather than lots of separate markets). A lot of agents are successful investors themselves so while of course they were talking up the merits of property, there were also some good insights into the ways of a real investor. It was good because it was all interactive - a very brief intro and summary of important points followed by the audience throwing tricky questions at them and a lengthy period for people to chat over a cuppa afterwards. I wonder if the WAIP meetings would also benefit from this type of interaction? It relies on audience participation but I reckon a few of the regular characters at these meetings would be up for it!

Audience particiaption is hard to acheive sometimes, but I think that the preseneter has to lead and ease people into it if they see resistance..

The audience are waiting on the presenters to 'lead'.

Ive only been to one seminar where a person was flogging some stupid world wide internet scam. No fkin details.. spend as long / little time as you like.. .you could make $xxxxxxxxxx - how long do you spend to try & mke that ? oh, long as you like that's the beauty about it the freedom.... Apparently they got sigb ups and made money though, but were banned in Denamrk or somehwere , I doubt they'd even be operating now.

But regardless, the way of selling fluff, regardless of how bad it may be or not, seems to be the same, turn the volume on the sizzle up so loud that people cant even see the steak anymore....

Last edited:
Wot

Having attended, I echo the sentiments expressed by MTR but I lack the prose of Dazz to express the point so succinctly.

In short a waste of time (WOT)!

PS: I have no issue with a presenter conveying their opinion, however, I found the bases of her argument very thin.

I was part of a similar group in Hobart that worked well because it got discussion going by inviting experienced PMs, RE Agents, developers and investors in to talk about the nitty gritty of dealing with tenants as well as the state of the market etc. High profile agents could see the benefit of establishing networks with investors in their area (although Hobart is a bit different to Perth in mainly being "one big area" rather than lots of separate markets). A lot of agents are successful investors themselves so while of course they were talking up the merits of property, there were also some good insights into the ways of a real investor. It was good because it was all interactive - a very brief intro and summary of important points followed by the audience throwing tricky questions at them and a lengthy period for people to chat over a cuppa afterwards. I wonder if the WAIP meetings would also benefit from this type of interaction? It relies on audience participation but I reckon a few of the regular characters at these meetings would be up for it!

I don't organise the WAIP meetings but have been to a lot where 50% of the meeting was presented by a newby or experienced investors renovation/sub-division/investment strategy. That is mainly who I would like to learn from. Some ventures failed, some were inspiring. I have learnt some tips from various other professional speakers also. Although, I agree that there is nothing better than a group discussion. As far as I know it has been difficult to get attendees to the meeting to get up and discuss their experiences with property.

Due to other commitments I didn't attend last nights meeting so cannot comment on the seminar.

Regards, Linda

I want to start coming to the WAIP meetings but from what others are saying, I'm glad I missed that particular one.:)

Anyway hope to meet some of y'all at the October one.

The problem is that the job of getting real, successful investors who aren't selling anything to talk about how they did it would be one of the most difficult ones around I reckon. Full credit to the organisers of these sessions to at least get a group of investors in one room!

I agree Hi Equity. Full credit to the organisers (hi Jenny) who always do a marvellous job. It is a pleasant way to spend an evening if the speaker is any good and doesn't try and flog you any ridiculous secrets.

That's why I propose next meeting you put your hand up Hi Equity and present your portfolio to the audience and we can have a wee chat together. :)

If you are a little timid, then I'll do you a deal, and we'll both go up together. Whaddayareckon ??

That's why I propose next meeting you put your hand up Hi Equity and present your portfolio to the audience and we can have a wee chat together. :)

Hi Dazz

I'm not against this concept personally although you may want to find a seat where you can exit quickly in case of being overcome by sleep... :) It ain't the most inspired story - more a case of just bumbling along in the dark!

My wife may have a different POV though on telling the full story - I will have to run the idea past her at an opportune moment...

But there are lots of WAIP people on SS - how about those who are up for it put up their hands so Jenny can get a roster going? Two per night would be great - I'm not that confident of filling up a venue just to hear my little story!

All big shots were once little shots

............just to hear my little story!

Every big shot was once a little shot that just kept shooting :)

Everyone's story will likely resonate with at least one person that may inspire and become the catalyst for them and others to take some action; even that first step.........you don't know who might just have an "aha" moment" triggered by what you have to share.

You'd probably be surprised to learn that you have achieved much in comparison to most....and therefore have plenty to share.

People on rung # 4 of the property ladder have the most valuable info to share amongst people who are on rungs # 2 and 3.

You'd probably be surprised to learn that you have achieved much in comparison to most....and therefore have plenty to share.

People on rung # 4 of the property ladder have the most valuable info to share amongst people who are on rungs # 2 and 3.

I'm still at Bunnings trying to decide on the ladder:) So anybody would be good value for me.

Pud

G'day Pud,

Lovely to hear from you.

I nearly fell off my chair mate, the last time we caught up. You look about 15 years younger than when I saw you last.

You've got two amazing stories to tell, one the property acquisiton and one the weight loss.....and I bet the forum hasn't heard either.

You are well and truly climbing your ladder....don't be so modest now.

Look after yourself. :)

i feel sorry for the sucker that paid $2500 only to hear their mate got it for $250...

it's like the poor sap that bought the first rug at full price....

Back