Wall colour for lounge room

I need to update the wall colour in my lounge room. I currently have a 'mocha earth' suede effect feature wall. While I have loved the wall, its time to update.

We've recently bought a new entertainment unit which is Tasmanian blackbutt and has quite red tones and makes the wall look almost purple. The rest of the room is sort of beigy/browns. I've attached a pic. The room is largish and has windows at both ends (so can be light).

I was thinking perhaps a textured wallpaper like this:

http://www.theelephantroom.com.au/collection-rabanna-wallpapers-458.aspx

What do you think?

Another option is to just paint it back to the original colour to match the other walls.

Attachments

• Lounge1.JPG
    Lounge1.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Lounge2.JPG
    Lounge2.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 103
Thanks Joan - im terrible with colours.

I was going to order a sample of the Rabanna wallpaper yesterday - but the close up pictures dont look like the sample photo. The colours seem to be quite green, which isnt what i was looking for. I like the look in the photo, but dont think that's what I'm going to get.

I'm not too fussed about matching the rug - i can move it to another room quite easily (it looks nice in my family room).

I dont mind this paper either...

Attachments

• Wallpaper.PNG
    Wallpaper.PNG
    667.1 KB · Views: 68
That textured wallpaper looks really nice on a screen, but screen colours can trick you. I have found that the best way to do it is to get a few swatches of wallpaper/paint colour and leave them where you're thinking of putting them. That way you can see how they look in light and dark. Put the swatches next to your new tv unit to see how they look. Osborne and Little make some beautiful fabrics and wallpapers. Good luck.

Bunnings have the Superfresco paintable wallpaper which would allow you to have a texture but customise the colour to something that suits.

Back