wall sconce lighting for bedroom

Hi Guys,

Constructing a PPOR in sydney. This is our first build.

Need some views of the Wall scone lighting for bedroom instead of Ceiling lights. I'm planing to put in Wall light such as below . kids bedroom and guest are not really big 3.4m * 2.8m and we are putting in a Ceiling Fan as well. So with a separate ceiling light with fan might make it crappy, though that my view . I know we can put a ceiling fan with a lamp. But we thought a Wall light in the bedroom should be sufficient thinking that in a bedroom not much light is used :confused:

http://www.crompton.com.au/catalog/...-wall-lights/p/products/fa1760-wb-wall-sconce

Incase the wall light is not sufficient than i can make it a Night lamp and fall back to ceiling fan with a lamp.
Thoughts please. Does not putting ceiling lamps instead of wall lights affects property in resale ?

If you are currently constructing, and want to go ceiling fan/wall light and it's your PPOR, then go for it, it is down to personal preference.

Though I would consider when your wiring is being done to have it include at least 2 ceiling led lights/wiring available to do this so that it is always an option.

The sconce looks like it is only 40w? Even in a small room it might not provide much light. Bedside lamp for reading, table lamp for studying, are other ways and add to the ambience to a bedroom rather than overkill and will work just as easily.
So if it's too late to include extra wiring so you can have both fan and ceiling led lights with sconce (looks nice by the way) (if you are not keen on the fan with light included) you can do wall sconce and additional lamps...

Back