Walshe and Whitelock breaching Act

Hi there

We are trying to get rid of Walshe adn Whitlock as owners corp managers because they are so absolutely hopeless and havent done any of the responsibilities they are supposed to as a owners corp manager. we completed the process properly by voting to replacethem with another manager. they have refused to transfer managerment and wont allow anyone to view the records for the owners corp. what can we do about this? we just want to get rid of walshe and whitelock becuase they are so useless but they are refusing to cooperate.

Seek legal advice and call an EGM to sack them.

I have a property with them too but don't really care as my body corp is $800 and the moment I bought the property they refunded $7k to me as all the funds saved up all these years hadn't been used.

Cheap and Nasty

Hmm...I would watch out for them. Even thought they might have the lowest or close to lowest fees they don:wt do anything to edeserve the money. We are all up in arms because we wanted them to claim some repairs on insurance which clearly should be a body corporate issue. anyway they refused and they have only chosen the dodgiest most useless insurance for us. I:m sure if you shop around that other managers will have close to competitive rates. Its njust not worth the time and hassle to deal with such idoicy from WAlsh and whitlock . we just want to be out of their hair but they won:t event transfer any of the records or any of the money that we have as the owners corp to the new manager. plus they have not bothered to maintain records for the whole year and wont even give us access to our own records. their behavious is truly reprehensible.

Horrible

these people are a disgrace. And they have NO idea about the laws that govern their industry. They took us to court for not paying our body corp fees! despite the fact that by law they must provide an independent auditors report as the fee's are not payable without it!
Despite trying to explain and sending them excepts from the relevant legal acts and even having the small business commissioners office call them to explain they still took action.
they waited to get advise until the morning of the hearing so once we were there they sat in silence and said nothing!
please do anything you can to get away from them as soon as possible.

Walshe & Whitelock a disgrace

\yes, I have heard nothing but contempt for this company and have to say that the sooner we are rid of them the better. They make unwarranted threats to try and bully tenants and clients to get their own way despite not knowing what the law really is. It really is a struggle to try and get rid of them as an owners corp manager. I have a feeliing most people are stuck with them because they have been managing the complexes since they were started. But I urge everyone to try and switch to another manager or else this company will cost you money through their indifference and indecency.

Horrible

I did not pay the fee because and agent refused to supply invoices to show what the owners corp fee was for. It was a commercial property to you must supply all invoices or have an independent auditors report to ensure what they are charging is correct and that they are not overcharging you. An they refused to supply either.
Gave all the legal reason and did everything I could to help them understand but they couldn't care less and threated us with further action. Obviously we told them to go right ahead.. And we won because we bothered to know what the law is. But I actually believe the agent should know what the laws are in THEIR own industry.
Also very difficult to reason with them when they will not answer calls and takes weeks for them to reply via email. Regardless they still took our rent money an used it to pay the body corp fees anyway.

Back